Best Collie Xs

Being honest he doesn't have to justify how much he works a dog how many people on here can hold their hands up work all they dogs to the max? I don't I got 3 but I walk them all daily feed them good grub their happy and we put some game away together ! I know some people are die hard hunters and want to big numbers to brag to the lads but some people love hunting and dogs and like to have 2/3 about them not harm really Is it?

• Like 7

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You want a lassie type collie mun, won't hunt shit but will tell you when johnny's stuck down the well and it'll always find its way home.

Collie lurcher pups

Id concentrate on the whelp at hand for at least 4 years before id even think of owning a second dog,ill guarantee that the average lurcher owner cannot justify 1 dog in the kennel and rarely meets th

Posted Images

That was the other thing I enjoy haveing two dogs about allways had two dog not runing dogs they where just pets and my staffy getting on now and he's a quite ill so I was thinkin to get amother running/working dog when he gone atb corey

Edited by green dragon

Being honest he doesn't have to justify how much he works a dog how many people on here can hold their hands up work all they dogs to the max? I don't I got 3 but I walk them all daily feed them good grub their happy and we put some game away together ! I know some people are die hard hunters and want to big numbers to brag to the lads but some people love hunting and dogs and like to have 2/3 about them not harm really Is it?

Spot on that. I've said it before.

All this "justify working 2 dogs" bollocks.

Justify it to who? If I want 2, 3 or 4 working dogs then I will do just that. They will all get out plenty and get lots of attention and good food.

What's "enough work"? How can you quantify the definition of "enough work for 2 dogs".

It's all just bollocks. Get whatever dogs you want fella. Look after them and enjoy them.

• Like 5

Justify it to who? If I want 2, 3 or 4 working dogs then I will do just that. They will all get out plenty and get lots of attention and good food.

What's "enough work"? How can you quantify the definition of "enough work for 2 dogs".

It's all just bollocks. Get whatever dogs you want fella. Look after them and enjoy them.

Exactly if you got time and money to feed them and exercise them bloody well crack on id rather a tidy bloke have 6 dogs than a fecking muppet have one !!
  • Like 4

Exactly if you got time and money to feed them and exercise them bloody well crack on id rather a tidy bloke have 6 dogs than a fecking muppet have one !!

Exactly. A mate of mine has got 2 whippets, a lurcher and a lab. They don't work more than once a week. But they've got a good life. Well fed and walked daily. Kip on the settee and got a heated kennel to boot.

Someone should tell them dogs that their owner "can't justify them". Lol

• Like 1

Nice one gaz I just enjoy haveing dogs about much more entertaining than people my dogs get walked everyday get a nice full belly plenty of attention and nice warm bed could do much more for the little turds atb mate

Edited by green dragon

The only caveat I would add to that is trying to train and enter 2 pups will not get the best out of both. Spread them out age wise, otherwise you'll end up burying them all at the same time

If i did not have the time to graft 1 jukel id not own 2,or even 3,i don,t do numbers now and have never understood the need for numbers over hunting quality,quality seldom reflects a number count,fact.I own over 7 hunting terriers and lurchers,combined total,ill guarantee that they will seldom account for a slimmer dog kennel,yet they are grafted and tested to my requirements and are seldom bored.Its so fecking naive to think or believe a dog that catches less than its cousin is worked less.Or the naivety that another dog is needed in an environment that it will seldom be exercised in.

• Like 1

If i did not have the time to graft 1 jukel id not own 2,or even 3,i don,t do numbers now and have never understood the need for numbers over hunting quality,quality seldom reflects a number count,fact.I own over 7 hunting terriers and lurchers,combined total,ill guarantee that they will seldom account for a slimmer dog kennel,yet they are grafted and tested to my requirements and are seldom bored.Its so fecking naive to think or believe a dog that catches less than its cousin is worked less.Or the naivety that another dog is needed in an environment that it will seldom be exercised in.
I'm not saying any different mate but that's your requirements other people have different ones he might want them as pet/workers like I said some people are hardcore hunters and it's all about working the dogs some people love dogs and hunting and just put along and catch odd and ends if you catch my dift
  • Like 1

Who's said his second dog would be seldom exercised?

You seem to jump to a lot of conclusions.

• Like 1