For Anyone Who Didn't Know

I used to hate cricket, And he is running up to bowl the ball...................and........... he bowls the ball....thought it was the most boring game on earth. I was laid up for a while and started watching it out of boredom (the irony). Richie Beddows started explaining what the bowler was trying to do, it sort of came alive a bit for me then, the more I got into it the more I understood what was going on.

Love it now.

TC

• Like 4

The only sport where I can cheer for England and not feel uncomfortable about it lol

Well noted Johnny , and a travesty that it's not made for all to see,2005 few joneses knocking about then , other country's actually reckognise it as the England and Wales team

• Like 1

I have to say England have done well this series, fair play, enjoy the victories when you can because we will enjoy our 5 victories for every one you get over us and that is probably being generous.

yeh prob true , but if they can get a team of players, that will get stuck in like now , it may well be totally different story for the future :yes: whats the latest score .?

I used to hate cricket, And he is running up to bowl the ball...................and........... he bowls the ball....thought it was the most boring game on earth. I was laid up for a while and started watching it out of boredom (the irony). Richie Beddows started explaining what the bowler was trying to do, it sort of came alive a bit for me then, the more I got into it the more I understood what was going on.

Love it now.

TC

Spot on TC. The finer skills of a top class spin bowler are extraordinary ! I could watch Muttiah Muralitharan or Harbajan Singh all day long. They once tried to analyse a Shane Warne delivery on that Hawkeye technology - it said that the physics of the flight and deviation of the ball were impossible to compute !

I have to say England have done well this series, fair play, enjoy the victories when you can because we will enjoy our 5 victories for every one you get over us and that is probably being generous.

yeh prob true , but if they can get a team of players, that will get stuck in like now , it may well be totally different story for the future :yes: whats the latest score .?

Just being cheeky bird, fair play to the pommy cricketers, I couldn't just take such a humiliation without giving some cheap shot back lol English sports performance has improved over the last 10 or so years with the rugby world cup,ashes victories(that 2005 was heartbreaking and more than a little unlucky for us) a strong London Olympics, the tour de France (though his father was aussie haha) England have a bit to be proud of lately. That 30-40 years where you guys literally won nothing must have been tough though.

Just being cheeky bird, fair play to the pommy cricketers, I couldn't just take such a humiliation without giving some cheap shot back lol English sports performance has improved over the last 10 or so years with the rugby world cup,ashes victories(that 2005 was heartbreaking and more than a little unlucky for us) a strong London Olympics, the tour de France (though his father was aussie haha) England have a bit to be proud of lately. That 30-40 years where you guys literally won nothing must have been tough though.

:thumbs: