Collie/whippet

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone else work this type of lurcher part from me. I got a mate that had one. But you don't seen to see this type of x about, here are a few pic's of my 3 year old bitch why I was on holiday in

collie/saluki/grew

One more pic of my bitch

I seen some collie x whippet pups while back but they seemed pricey at £350

One thing with me being a Slaughterman I get plenty of meat for my dogs for free. So if I breed a littler the cost of food doesn't come into it. Only the worm & flea treatment is the only thing I pay for so the pups will be £50 each in the end, no need to over charge.

• Like 5

Like the sound of that cross. You should have a good choice of working whippets to use but 1st cross collie whippet might be different. Good looking bitch that. Hope you enjoyed it down here in sunny Devon. ATB.

I did I was in Brixham for two weeks :victory::thumbs: .

Does anyone else work this type of lurcher part from me. I got a mate that had one. But you don't seen to see this type of x about, here are a few pic's of my 3 year old bitch why I was on holiday in Devon.

11703056_801789176601087_238275835283962

11709562_801789236601081_39052654877041211695886_801057706674234_497469831326065

The last pic with the Rabbit in her mouth was taken before I went on holiday.

11707508_798834853563186_150630024424710

I spent many a season in the field with a muckers Whippet/Collie,the dog hunted,marked and grafted with honest intent into its 12lth season,then met a shooting accident,never seemed to get ill or injured,always ran itself into condition and was one of the cleverest mutts ive had the pleasure to hunt with,yet lacked the pace that let it down far to often,id own it now though.

• Like 1

i like the look of your little dog r/m she reminds me of my boys dog which has whippet/collie/beddy in her, these little dogs seem to be compact/strong little dogs with good feet and my boys is very bright. i,m moving nearer to my boy this year so hopefully i,ll do some ferreting with his little dog this season, roll on, cheers plum !

• Like 3

My little fella mainly whippet touch of collie and grew in the mix. Only 5 month but looks like he will make about 22tts and be similar build. I am happy with him to date, I was only after a rabbiting dog and this x seemed to fit the bill time will tell for this fella atbimage_zps5cpf2kkq.jpg

Edited by matt1979
  • Like 3

Thought about getting a collie/whippet in the past but I decided id rather have a reverse bred collie/grey .

Yours is a nice type rm :thumbs:

I love Collie/Greyhound. The only thing I find is finding a really good working Greyhound than you do a Whippet. Shame really they are a good dog in the field if they been schooled right.

do You really need to use a working greyhound though? Plenty of people make good dogs out of mutts from none working parents ...