Nice One David Cameron

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a combination of f#cktards with camera phones and face book hasn't helped our cause either

People who show the white flag at the first sign of a skirmish dont help anyones cause. i will carry on with my country activities regardless , would rather do it within the law to the best of my abi

With all due respect, I don't think you actually grasp the law.   It is illegal to hunt fox or hare with hounds. it is illegal to hunt fox or hare with lurchers. It is legal to flush fox and hare

Said at the start and I'll say it again, as will MANY others, doesn't matter who, what or why you've voted for, the ban will NOT be reapealed. Almost the whole country, percentage wise, is against hunting with dogs, it's NOT going to be changed because a VERY small minority of the country's population go hunting, in any form.

spot on, :thumbs: there might be loop hole for hunting with horse+hounds , but running dogs and terriers will be left in the history books and stay there, its gone for ever now :yes:

There is no 'loop hole'....it is still illegal to hunt foxes. The amendment is for the allowance to use more than two hounds to flush to the gun. ALL lurcher and terrierwork is legal if it is relation with flushing to either gun or bird of prey. We are ALL in the same boat. If you're got permission then you can basically do as you like as long as you take precautions and work around the Act. it's not a case of 'them and us', we are still fighting for a repeal, this is just an amendment. There's lots going on behind the scenes....we should all be supporting this.... :victory:

• Like 6

80% of the people in this country don't really give a toss whether people hunt or not. But when shown emotive images say they do not like it. Try telling someone, who thinks chickens come from ASDA and milk from bottles, that it is natural for one animal to kill another. There is a way around it though. Yes siree. Get yourself a coursing cheetah nothing in the hunting act says you cannot course hares with a cheetah.

TC

brilliant I'll get one to lol I wonder if I can import one of the same bloke who imported that saluki ???

Said at the start and I'll say it again, as will MANY others, doesn't matter who, what or why you've voted for, the ban will NOT be reapealed. Almost the whole country, percentage wise, is against hunting with dogs, it's NOT going to be changed because a VERY small minority of the country's population go hunting, in any form.

spot on, :thumbs: there might be loop hole for hunting with horse+hounds , but running dogs and terriers will be left in the history books and stay there, its gone for ever now :yes:

There is no 'loop hole'....it is still illegal to hunt foxes. The amendment is for the allowance to use more than two hounds to flush to the gun. ALL lurcher and terrierwork is legal if it is relation with flushing to either gun or bird of prey. We are ALL in the same boat. If you're got permission then you can basically do as you like as long as you take precautions and work around the Act. it's not a case of 'them and us', we are still fighting for a repeal, this is just an amendment. There's lots going on behind the scenes....we should all be supporting this.... :victory:

just watched it on the news , yes your right regards the hunts + etc it only 2 dogs to flush a fox now, if the new amendment goes through it could mean a (pack) , so it is them and us , because all they got to try and do is keep the pack away from the fox at the end of the hunt .And there sport not changed one feckin bit, they still out in countryside riding with the hounds .With running dogs = coursing,lurcher work , coursing will never come back, and most lurcher work solo where a dog norm catches its quarry that's flushed + etc to it . The big word here with this new amendment if it does go through is the word (accident ) meaning the 1 dog /2 dogs as caught it quarry , how many times can you use it for running dog lol. a pound to a penny if you ever went to court for your dog killing something , sooner or latter , the courts wont by it , and your in trouble . No mate it is deff them , and me/ us , I went to every march in London stood shoulder with them people, and other hunting people. they will prob get there sport legal very soon, me who ran lurchers for 30 years wont , I will always be looking over my shoulder night / day they wont . :yes:

just watched it on the news , yes your right regards the hunts + etc it only 2 dogs to flush a fox now, if the new amendment goes through it could mean a (pack) , so it is them and us , because all they got to try and do is keep the pack away from the fox at the end of the hunt .And there sport not changed one feckin bit, they still out in countryside riding with the hounds .With running dogs = coursing,lurcher work , coursing will never come back, and most lurcher work solo where a dog norm catches its quarry that's flushed + etc to it . The big word here with this new amendment if it does go through is the word (accident ) meaning the 1 dog /2 dogs as caught it quarry , how many times can you use it for running dog lol. a pound to a penny if you ever went to court for your dog killing something , sooner or latter , the courts wont by it , and your in trouble . No mate it is deff them , and me/ us , I went to every march in London stood shoulder with them people, and other hunting people. they will prob get there sport legal very soon, me who ran lurchers for 30 years wont , I will always be looking over my shoulder night / day they wont . :yes:

With all due respect, I don't think you actually grasp the law.

It is illegal to hunt fox or hare with hounds.

it is illegal to hunt fox or hare with lurchers.

It is legal to flush fox and hare with hounds (at present , two)

It is legal to flush fox or hare with lurchers.

It is perfectly LEGAL to flush for the gun, or BOP, any of the pre-ban quarry species. As long as no more than two dogs are used at any time.

The packs are in EXACTLY the same situation as the lurcher lads.....Hunting a mammal, unless exempt, is still ILLEGAL.

There is no them and us....what differences can you see?

Do you seriously believe that the hunts are not up against prosecutions?

It's the 'them and us' attitude that got the Ban passed in the first place....

• Like 7

Who will benefit from the proposed ammendment in the legislation ? Will I be able todo anything else on my permission that I am not permitted to do now other than bush with more than 2 dogs. Or will it help lads without permission to work even a single dog within the law. I think lads are perfectly aware of the shennanigans that went on before the ban was introduced and certainly the lack off support and unity wasnt all one sided some groups just assumed they wouldnt fall foul of the legislation .

Edited by desertbred

Who will benefit from the proposed ammendment in the legislation ?

If the amendment goes through anyone can legally flush with an unlimited amount of dogs, be they terriers, lurchers, hounds or pekinese.

• Like 1

If the amendment goes through anyone can legally flush with an unlimited amount of dogs, be they terriers, lurchers, hounds or pekinese.

On permission, they can flush, do the hunts have permission on every land they ride across?

Edited by desertbred

If anyone thinks that we're in the same boat as them answer me this How many people coursing have been convicted since the ban? And how many hunts have been convicted? I don't know the numbers but I'm pretty sure the figures are one sided

• Like 1

On permission, they can flush, do the hunts have permission on every land they ride across?

It's obvious that you seem somehow bitter toward fellow working dog people, namely people with hounds. Of course, I am not at every hunt, but, for the main, yes, they have permission to flush /drag hunt on the land that they are on. Obviously, the odd occasion hounds get on a scent and that takes them off the permission, like can happen with all our dogs. That isn't intentional, so no law has been broken. What are you getting at?

If anyone thinks that we're in the same boat as them answer me this How many people coursing have been convicted since the ban? And how many hunts have been convicted? I don't know the numbers but I'm pretty sure the figures are one sided

How many people have been coursing ON PERMISSION and got a conviction.

That, surely, is the question you meant to ask?

• Like 1

what happened to all county sports standing together? its a step in the right direction i think

Yes what happened.? Didnt Cameron pledge a vote on Repeal wasnt that what all standing together was based on?not some rear guard action based on a amendment to enable some to benefit from the amendment while others who dont own packs will be in the same position as the day the ban was introduced .