get a bucket of road salt, sprinkle around the outside edge of the run and kennel, end of problem, get a bucket full from the yellow bins that hold the salt or go to one of the depots that does the gritting,failing that buy a bag of rock salt,

• Like 1

It pisses you off when you go out in the morning and you see the silver trail where the little slimebag has been the night before. You can try and keep them out of your kennels but when you let your dogs off for a run 9 times out of 10 they'll eat grass or some crap.

My advice is to keep on top of your worming and use a wormer that covers lungworm. Some of the leading brands don't so make sure you check.

yeh road salt soon get rid

don't see that many when its warm and dry, as soon as it raining the twats come out, road salt the way :thumbs: maybe use one of there spades as well, while you there :D

Personally I would have thought giving your dogs a tablet a few times a year would be easier than getting the salt out.

In showery weather do you get the big bag of salt out between showers and go around the kennels laying a line of salt ?

If it rains an hour later do you repeat the process ?

Slugs love the wet warm weather so if it's raining at night do you get up between showers ?

Does salt stick to walls ?

What if you have a big kennels ?

Does the person who came up with the idea for salt have shares in salt on the stock exchange ?

Best way I found was if they are going in kennel for the dog food was to put razor blades on top of food bowl and when the slugs look in and shake their heads in disappointment it's lights out,had hundreds this way ????

• Like 3

Personally I would have thought giving your dogs a tablet a few times a year would be easier than getting the salt out.

In showery weather do you get the big bag of salt out between showers and go around the kennels laying a line of salt ?

If it rains an hour later do you repeat the process ?

Slugs love the wet warm weather so if it's raining at night do you get up between showers ?

Does salt stick to walls ?

What if you have a big kennels ?

Does the person who came up with the idea for salt have shares in salt on the stock exchange ?

Number one I do not have shares in the salt mines I wish I had, The lad asked for advice I gave it Free of charge, It works first class, using road salt is extremely strong kills the snails no problems, do it 2 or3 times a year you wont see a slug,