Garden Maintence Work?

Get your self a hap sack sprayer , by 20 litters of Gallup and go round the doors spraying weeds for a start

Illegal unless you have appropriate spraying tickets.

Sighthound i think you only need the tickets if you have employees?? am not 100% on this but its what ive been told by a fella.I dont bother with weeds at all so am not assed lol

Definitely wrong. If you are spraying commercially (ie being paid) you need a ticket or if born before Dec 1964 grandfather rights but that is been done away with from October this year so everybody will need a ticket.

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a gardener. I target high end gardens and work throughout the year. This site has lots of info http://landscapejuicenetwork.com/forum/topics Don't sell yourself too cheap its easy to be busy whe

Shepp take the plunge i was the same as you bud, every morning waking up thinking there's got to be more to life than this shite. It takes balls but my god im alot happier for it. Like the lads say

your bread & butter is in grass cutting alone I have 100 gardens to do on a fortnightly basis small[stampsized] gardens £5 [you will be surprised how much these bring in] £10 for back n front -get

Do it but do it right. As people have said, waste carriers license,upto £5000 fine if caught without, spraying certificates, public liability insurance. These things will immediately set you apart from the fly by night cowboys and will get you a better client base. Facebook can be good but you will get loads of people wanting cheap. Get yourself professional tools, the £100.00 mower is all well and good for a once a week outing but if its doing 20-30 or maybe more hours per week it will not last, also you will be able to work quicker with the better quality tools. My approach is to work WITH people and it seems to work. Good luck.

• Like 1

Get your self a hap sack sprayer , by 20 litters of Gallup and go round the doors spraying weeds for a start

Sighthound i think you only need the tickets if you have employees?? am not 100% on this but its what ive been told by a fella.I dont bother with weeds at all so am not assed lol

Definitely wrong. If you are spraying commercially (ie being paid) you need a ticket or if born before Dec 1964 grandfather rights but that is been done away with from October this year so everybody will need a ticket.

What about domestic spraying?

Like a say i dont touch weeds anyway so im not bothered just good to know cheers

Things have moved along a bit. I have been given 4 log cabins to put up for a company and if all goes wel, they should have on average one a week for me to put up.

That will cover half my required weeks earnings.

I've literally just started a business in the last few weeks. I don't have a van yet and haven't spent thousands on top end gear. What's the point if you don't know if the work is there? I have a lexus and just chuck a little mower etc in the boot. I made a Facebook page which brings in little bits here and there but I spend more time advertising the page than I actually get in return. I got a paid advert with the yellow pages and now I get about 3 calls a day. Granted some of those I won't take as they're too big for a sole trader starting up but the work is there if you put in the time. The main thing I'm struggling with is pricing jobs competitively.

Things have moved along a bit. I have been given 4 log cabins to put up for a company and if all goes wel, they should have on average one a week for me to put up.

That will cover half my required weeks earnings.

Made up for you mate. What you need to do now is find a lad who will put the cabins up for a bit less, so you make money sat on your arse. Then go find some more work.

What about domestic spraying?

Like a say i dont touch weeds anyway so im not bothered just good to know cheers

The key point is whether or not you get paid. It doesn't matter if it's a factory grounds, amenity land, dwellings or whatever else, if you get paid you need the ticket. If you're spraying on your own property so for your own benefit and not getting paid you don't need a ticket but you will or should not be able to purchase professional products.

• Like 1

I done landscape gardening for 5 years as my brother inlaw had his own bussines very good wages but hard work, I now drive posh cars up and down the country for posh clients I like this better and I go all over the country

I've literally just started a business in the last few weeks. I don't have a van yet and haven't spent thousands on top end gear. What's the point if you don't know if the work is there? I have a lexus and just chuck a little mower etc in the boot. I made a Facebook page which brings in little bits here and there but I spend more time advertising the page than I actually get in return. I got a paid advert with the yellow pages and now I get about 3 calls a day. Granted some of those I won't take as they're too big for a sole trader starting up but the work is there if you put in the time. The main thing I'm struggling with is pricing jobs competitively.

always carry a spade or pick in the boot when pricing jobs,do a bit of scraping digging about,usually call you back if theres a wee bit of mess,lol.then carton of milk into the weed sprayer looks the part;stand back love this stuff burn the tights of ye :laugh: thats the way the tribes operate here,lol.

• Like 1

always carry a spade or pick in the boot when pricing jobs,do a bit of scraping digging about,usually call you back if theres a wee bit of mess,lol.then carton of milk into the weed sprayer looks the part;stand back love this stuff burn the tights of ye :laugh: thats the way the tribes operate here,lol.

Feck you're giving away my family secrets :laugh:

• Like 1