About Books And The New Authors Nowadays.

So how can u say bluck is telling porkies and photo shopping pics then sheepy

Because it is a proven fact.Bluck had borders a few year back and started a border terrier club of his own but that did not last very long and the club and registration fees went belly up.He then when in the process of doing the irish book acquired a black dog of a man from ireland and within a year he claimed to have his own line of black dogs.He at the time of doing the book also brought out his on magizine but it also went belly up along with all the subs that were paid towards it.The last i heard of him he was now into russells,all this in the space of a few year,so make your own judgement on the man.p.s.,he also took photo's of terriers over here than went and enlarged them and was selling the prints without the owners permission.

• Like 12

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because it is a proven fact.Bluck had borders a few year back and started a border terrier club of his own but that did not last very long and the club and registration fees went belly up.He then when

Over the years, advances in photography have changed what we expect in print. From old 35mm we had to take to the chemist (unless we had a special contact) to insta-matic pictures. Which were poor qua

Good to see Bert Gripton had the foresight to say such common sense and at a time when terrier work hadn't the pressure like it has today. Some of the older books Lucas and Pearse for example were ni

jonny buck and robert booth are both playing a numbers game on the internet marketing therselvs as much as possible ..getting ther names out ther on the www with fourums websites and magazines and books thers that many people out ther intrested in terriers who dont no the truth the decivers will never lack victims for ther deceptions

• Like 3

I believe most of the stuff that's wrote about them two dreamers.i only asked Zilverhaze them questions because he thinks iam a sheep far from it.theres no smoke without fire

jonny buck and robert booth are both playing a numbers game on the internet marketing therselvs as much as possible ..getting ther names out ther on the www with fourums websites and magazines and books thers that many people out ther intrested in terriers who dont no the truth the decivers will never lack victims for ther deceptions

Booth pamphlet about booth is shabby, and proved he was making up his dogs breeding as he went along, should it be reprinted i hope the screen shots of him arranging to steal terriers is included lol book i've enjoyed are the fell terrier and the working JRT by plummer, the world of the working terrier , and the first 100 or so of earthdog running dog ,the old year books edited by harcombe only read one of darcys and thats the nick stevens book enjoyed that, not read anything of bluck, the worst books i've ever read was trog by plummer and everymans hand by harcombe , proving both like there fiction lol

• Like 3

There's no doubt that Plummers book The Fell Terrier was well written and researched but what's crucial about that book is the bits that were left out, if that makes sense.

And if you're going to stand by Plummer and his theories then make sure you educate yourself on the man and everything about him.

So remember that while he helped glamorize the fell types and made a lot of money in the process he did also write an article for an Irish magazine in which he said that "owners of black terriers have lower IQs than chimpanzees".

I kid you not.

I played a part in Blucks Irish book and I said from the very start (and it's the same with any other book or magazine I've played a part in.) that the reasons I took part were for myself, my family, some terriers to be remembered and because I enjoyed it.

I don't sell dogs and keep myself to myself so IMO they're good reasons to take part and have no reason to lie. Also if someone pays me a compliment and asks me to take part I'll usually help out. Like being asked to judge a good show, it's a compliment.

As long as I'm happy I don't care if the author makes a million on me and if he did good luck to them.

Mind you, there's one article I did in EDRD a few years ago where Mr Harcombe said my daughters name was Gara, it's Ciara, and that she enjoyed killing "cats" with her terrier, it should have said "rats".

She's never forgiven me.

• Like 3

Plummers early books had years of research travelling about the country meeting the "names",doing both the show circuit and early hound and hunt terrier shows as there were nothing else,he collected stories and interviews as supposed background but wrote them as if he had done it which upset a lot of good dogmen I knew, once he established himself he was contracted to write 2 books a year so the content was sure to suffer, as the legalities of dog working has changed since then so has the content from most modern authors, people will always write sh*t to fill a book or pad it out a bit with, I think it must be hard to keep churning out books after you've covered all you know, most are just money making exercises to keep the coffers up, I always liked "Daergi",phil lloyd,Mick Travis,"Pesters pen""Foxes Law" in the old "Shooting News" as it was always relevant to the time and bang up to date not like the rubbish in there now, WM

• Like 6

Booth pamphlet about booth is shabby, and proved he was making up his dogs breeding as he went along, should it be reprinted i hope the screen shots of him arranging to steal terriers is included lol book i've enjoyed are the fell terrier and the working JRT by plummer, the world of the working terrier , and the first 100 or so of earthdog running dog ,the old year books edited by harcombe only read one of darcys and thats the nick stevens book enjoyed that, not read anything of bluck, the worst books i've ever read was trog by plummer and everymans hand by harcombe , proving both like there fiction lol
a few years back my son was struggling at school with his reading dave gave him a copy of every mans hand he started reading it that night and didnt put it down night after night until je read the lot he loved it by the end of the week he could have read war and peace, so thats my favourite book by harcombe it because it saved me a fortune in extra tuition fees. And although its pushed as fiction alot of the stories and accounts actually happened such as the gentry chap cutting the dogs throat because it killed a fox ive met the man who witnessed it hes in his 80s or even 90s now but still follows the hounds. Made me appreciate the book even more!
  • Like 6

Neil I taught u were a straight man when it comes to working terriers but here u are praising bluck the amount of shite he told in that book praising dogs that we're supposed to best in Ireland they cudnt find or stay with there game and the whole country knows it lol

Edited by undertaker

I believe most of the stuff that's wrote about them two dreamers.i only asked Zilverhaze them questions because he thinks iam a sheep far from it.theres no smoke without fire

i never called you a sheep pal i dont even no you you must of took it up the wrong way lol i was refering to my self and that i dont take peoples word as gospel in the terrier world or anywere els untill i no them well enough to form a opinion on them

Undertaker, I haven't given J. Bluck one bit of praise.

Like I say I did the book for my own reasons.

JB rang me when he was getting the book together to say he'd becoming over to meet me and wanted to interview me on video, which was something I was never going to do.

When he rang me next it was to say that he couldn't come over. I actually knew he was in Westmeath at that particular minute.

It didn't bother me one bit. I've know that JB was into Borders for a week, Russells the next week and then black terriers (from a long line of workers) and I meet messers like him all the time.

Like I said, I did the book for my reasons.

I also hear ya about "the best terrier in Ireland". That is a good one.

But I do know that the lad who gave that terrier away has a very high standard and the lad who took it on probably doesn't have.

What is a big pity IMO is that there was another well known author at the time who was going to do an Irish book and didn't bother because JB was doing it.

A big pity IMO as he would have done a proper job of it.

Maybe some day he will.

• Like 3

J b only in it for the money and any man with sense wudnt be in his books then again the most of them is only in this game for fame talking pure shite about there dogs that have never put a foot wrong while out working

• Like 2

I've read a few, mostly the old terrier year books, Dig deep throw well back, Work them hard treat them like heroes. Also a few more that didn't stick in my head to the point I can't remember what they were called lol. If Terriers and terriermen of Ireland is so bad surely someone on here would like to donate there copy to me? I'd gladly give it a read and if it's that bad I'll send it back. No way am I paying my hard earned cash to buy a copy. Same as them Dvd's that other clown is making and selling to people. I have one that was given to me and the quality of the footage never mind the digging, lamping and beating shenanigans that's on it leaves a lot to be desired IMO. The only thing it's good for is using it as a one way frisbee as far as you can throw it.

• Like 2

Myself and a few others have you rumbled lutra you are infact Johney Bluck .Had you sussed from the off .Wheres my £40 for the mag you slippery eel which is in fact the favourite food for old lutra lutra, the otter .

Seen your style of writing before and your evasive non question answering .Neil must of known too .

• Like 6