Anthony Joshua

AJ is definitely heading in the right direction. AJ has good long range punching ability, after the first right hand hit KJ and he felt its power, he wanted out of there. KJ headed to the corners and AJ just stalked him laterally, fired in a combo, KJ covered up which allowed AJ to advance and use his hooks and big bombs to finish the contest. Note AJ's movement and transference of weight from one foot to another as he looked for the finish.

I think that most boxers who get in the ring with AJ will be beat before they throw a punch. They will believe in the hype surrounding him now, a bit like Mike tyson was considered unbeatable till Douglas stopped him. Only exceptional boxers who can tee of before him will have a chance of beating him and testing whether he has a glass jaw or not. They will have to have a serious jab and the ability to tie up on the inside with the strength and power to back him up. Maybe Wilder, Klitscho or Tyson Fury can hold him off. Eddie Hearn should line up some good big American fighters now to back him up a little, maybe Shannon Briggs, so AJ can test his stamina and learn a bit more.

He has the power just maybe needs a little more ringcraft, if he keeps learning defo a world champion soon.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a whi

It amazes me how boxing fans these days have absolutely no loyalty whatsoever to their countrymen.....i cant for the life of me understand how any British boxing fan would not be hoping Joshua reaches

Feck me,..what a strange thread,...my fecking auld head is spinning...   If we are still on the subject of boxing,...I always read what Gnasher has to say,..mostly because I feel he writes, with an

Posted Images

If he can take half the shot he can dish out he in with a very good chance of gaining either a shot or title in next few year heavyweight scene well open for the taking Tyson first at door out of last crop chisora haye price etc the likes of AJ n Hughie few fights off mark but AJ got potential to get step up quick I think or should do coz way things stand he young n hungry physically be well set must work hard although think some of it natural seems sensible lad good mouth on um do it the business when the shot comes coz it will I hope he can hold right n come back stronger we seen Tyson have too do it once exciting times ahead only fury I see AJ fighting soon is Hughie think it be chisora or haye next or crafty shit at wilder lol bet wilder not fancy that

David haye is retired and has been saying he's coming back for the past year but I doubt it very very much, think he will wipe the floor with AJ anyway

I dont know if Haye would wipe the floor with him but I honestly think a fit and motivated Haye would cause AJ trouble more than anyone else in the division .....If you cant see that AJ is a real prospect then your just blinkered ...so Custy are you saying you will take a bet if Hughie fights AJ ?

Aka brindle - why is AJ all hype?

Because he doesn't get hit?

Gaz...i've not said A.J's all hype...i have said all the way through this thread...that Joshua is just a prospect going through the early stages of his career...and its too early to love or hate the lad...last nights stoppage certainly sends out a message to the Heavyweight division...have to say my heart sank a bit when i saw Ian john Lewis was ref...as he always seems to step in way to early imo...the Lad needs a proper test before we can all get too over excited...think they will have to be looking at the topend of the division to get that...but right now they bringing the lad along just right at this stage of career...my buying a first class ticket for the A.J hype train comment was a little piss take outta me little pal Cushty...but obviously that went right over your head ;)

that certainly wasn't an early stoppage.

Where have i stated it was an early stoppage??...the Ref didnt affect the over all out come of the fight..it was obvious the way the fight was going...Johnson done well to get through the 1st round...but the point where he stops the fight...Johnson is not seriously hurt and could easily have carried on...Johnsons a tough old pro and one punch can turn around a fight at Heavyweight...the Ref should of let the fight come to its natural conclusion as at the point he stopped it Johnson wasnt hurt...obvious why Ian john Lewis was choosen as Ref...as he's well known for jumping in to quick...his stopping of the Maccarinelli v Mckenzie fight was just about criminal...in my opinion

Gaz...i've not said A.J's all hype...i have said all the way through this thread...that Joshua is just a prospect going through the early stages of his career...and its too early to love or hate the lad...last nights stoppage certainly sends out a message to the Heavyweight division...have to say my heart sank a bit when i saw Ian john Lewis was ref...as he always seems to step in way to early imo...the Lad needs a proper test before we can all get too over excited...think they will have to be looking at the topend of the division to get that...but right now they bringing the lad along just right at this stage of career...my buying a first class ticket for the A.J hype train comment was a little piss take outta me little pal Cushty...but obviously that went right over your head ;)
Do you think he stepped in too early last night?

Or was that a piss take that went over my head aswell? Lol.

Edited to add - only just seen your post above. "Johnson wasn't seriously hurt".

That's why the ref is there. We don't wanna see lads seriously hurt. Surely?

Johnson couldn't defend himself. And that was that.

• Like 3

Explained above Gaz...just my opinions...hope thats ok :laugh:

Explained above Gaz...just my opinions...hope thats ok :laugh:

Only just seen that. I have edited my previous post.

You think it was stopped early. Lol. You're entitled to your opinion ?

Edited to add - only just seen your post above. "Johnson wasn't seriously hurt".

That's why the ref is there. We don't wanna see lads seriously hurt. Surely?

Johnson couldn't defend himself. And that was that.

Just think the point at which he jumped into stop it...the fight could have carried on...

Thanks for putting clip up fireman, it's nice to see 2 heavyweights in good condition for once, aj is a very rangey fighter isn't he, and like the fact he has that finishing instinct in him when he sees that there hurt, love to see him make the grade

• Like 1

If he can take half the shot he can dish out he in with a very good chance of gaining either a shot or title in next few year heavyweight scene well open for the taking Tyson first at door out of last crop chisora haye price etc the likes of AJ n Hughie few fights off mark but AJ got potential to get step up quick I think or should do coz way things stand he young n hungry physically be well set must work hard although think some of it natural seems sensible lad good mouth on um do it the business when the shot comes coz it will I hope he can hold right n come back stronger we seen Tyson have too do it once exciting times ahead only fury I see AJ fighting soon is Hughie think it be chisora or haye next or crafty shit at wilder lol bet wilder not fancy that

David haye is retired and has been saying he's coming back for the past year but I doubt it very very much, think he will wipe the floor with AJ anyway

I dont know if Haye would wipe the floor with him but I honestly think a fit and motivated Haye would cause AJ trouble more than anyone else in the division .....If you cant see that AJ is a real prospect then your just blinkered ...so Custy are you saying you will take a bet if Hughie fights AJ ?
would be suicide for hughie to even think about a fight with AJ.. It would be same outcome as last night finished within 2 rounds hughie no where near capable of giving AJ a run for his money... You'd be daft to think he would

The most exciting thing about big Josh for me is nothing to do with his physical power.....its his attitude and desire,the boy soaks up information like a sponge Tony Simms says he is a dream to train......he has tremendous athletic intelligence which is rare amongst heavyweights........the fact he is improving with every fight indicates that he is being moved along at the right pace,the matchmaking is good......and most importantly the kid is learning from everything he does.......everybody who is anybody within the sport feels he,s an exciting prospect......why anyone outside the sport or the casual fight fan wouldnt see him as an exciting prospect....i say again,is beyond me !

• Like 6
Go on a proper boxing forum where real boxing fans post and it's not like it is here with causal fans commenting on the hunting life about Anthony Joshua the reality is much different people who know boxing know he's nothing to get to excited about reminds me of David price

The reason you dont get pro fighters or ex pros on internet boxing forums is because a,they are easy targets to get pounced on by idiots......and b,the majority of people who go on them have never been near let alone in a boxing ring ;)

Cushty i asked you a question before the fight which you refused to answer......i,ll ask you the same one after the fight.....what is it you see in Joshuas game that makes you not rate him ?

Edited by gnasher16

Morning Gents :D ...Well that was a pretty good night of Boxing all round...Well done Nick Blackwell tidy little scrap that, third time lucky...Lee Selby, what a class act!...and lets hope thats not the last we see of Kevin Mitchell...a good game display from a tough little fighter...people moaned about paying for this event but certainly worth every penny...shows British boxing is in great shape...anyway cant hang about...just bought myself a 1st Class ticket for the A.J hype train... :toast:

lee selby was fantastic ,he he did,nt put a foot wrong,kevin mitchell was game but i bet he looks likes he,s been in a car crash this morning,that eye looked bad

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a while are all saying similar,he is showing the early signs of a hard career which he has had....he was never the clearest speaker but his speech has slowed recently,he is not the same fighter he was......he,s given his all and just fallen short theres no disgrace in that and as someone who has a lot of affection for the boy id rather see him bail out too early than too late......i thought he did well last night and it broke my heart seeing it end in tears again but id rather see him raise his boys as a healthy ex pro who came close than a punchy ex pro who cracked it.

• Like 14

Morning Gents :D ...Well that was a pretty good night of Boxing all round...Well done Nick Blackwell tidy little scrap that, third time lucky...Lee Selby, what a class act!...and lets hope thats not the last we see of Kevin Mitchell...a good game display from a tough little fighter...people moaned about paying for this event but certainly worth every penny...shows British boxing is in great shape...anyway cant hang about...just bought myself a 1st Class ticket for the A.J hype train... :toast:

lee selby was fantastic ,he he did,nt put a foot wrong,kevin mitchell was game but i bet he looks likes he,s been in a car crash this morning,that eye looked bad

Saw him this morning he looks none too clever but its a tough game and not something he hasnt experienced before......personally id like to see him call it a day now....people who have known him a while are all saying similar,he is showing the early signs of a hard career which he has had....he was never the clearest speaker but his speech has slowed recently,he is not the same fighter he was......he,s given his all and just fallen short theres no disgrace in that and as someone who has a lot of affection for the boy id rather see him bail out too early than too late......i thought he did well last night and it broke my heart seeing it end in tears again but id rather see him raise his boys as a healthy ex pro who came close than a punchy ex pro who cracked it.

I fear it may already be too late for the kid, it's a tough business and even if he stops now is condition will almost certainly get worse as he ages. Taking blows to the head isn't good for you at all, funny though how some fighters like Chuvalo, Foreman and other older fighters are fine and show no signs of brain damage yet other fighters are badly affected.

Good posts gnasher.

Mitchell should hold his head high and retire with dignity. He showed that he's a warrior last night.

He,s always been a scrappy kid Gaz he,s had his wars out of the ring as well as in it and they all take something out of you.......theres probably some good domestic dust ups out there for him with the likes of Crolla or Luke Campbell.........but id hate to see him push his luck physically.