Lifting The Ban

As previously suggested a THL commitee should be formed to organise the interested parties and Mr Leeview should also be part of this commitee as he makes a lot of valid and relevant points

As you and others have said if we could just but our differences aside and get together. As in shooters fishermen and people from all the other country pursuits it would be no problem to have the law reversed, I say we because i can see it coming over here fairly soon. Hopefully if it is reversed over their it will prevent it being brought in over here we have alot of monkeys over here ( monkey see monkey do ) :laugh::thumbs:

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the ban stop anyone in the first place? I think the good lads kept there head down and the idiots got caught posting on facebook, it would be nice not to have to make two trips for one session tho

Your having a laugh NO they won't lift the ban tory lieing scum

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have ma

Posted Images

The law was drafted incorrectly , this is agreed by all legal advisors.The law is unenforceable in its present form to give justice and fairness to all, The law has been abused by magistrates , banning drivers or suspending their licences when involved in hunting activities, yet of those who have appealed and challenged these bans have had their appeals upheld. The only reason that the majorities are in favour of the ban are that the antis and lacs have a better publicity campaign showing all the negative points , unfortunately this is helped along by the behaviour of some hunting participants and negative behaviour.Certain sections of the so called hunting fraternity are quite happy to clandestinely support the Hunting with dogs ban while this very same law that criminalises lads hunting with dogs,permits certain sections of hunting to hunt and kill the same quarry. Selfishness and betrayal on their part we all know these groups, The dog lads were sold down the river previously by the same groups before the ban. This is a law that is used on one hand to punish whilst on the other showing favour to other sections or groups, this in itself shows the Law needs to be repealed the only ones from the hunting field who can even support this legislation are the ones who benefit from the unjust and unfair legislation.I want to hunt within the law with my dogs , I can if I fly birds with them , I can drive hares to birds with two dogs or even foxes but cant run them , I can shoot them though, I can hunt a rabbit with my dogs, Terrier lads can let a dog go to ground on a rabbit but if it gets on a fox down a hole they are breaking the law , and if your dog catches a mouse you are breaking the law only rabbits and rats unless you are preventing injury to game birds, Simple is this a fair and just law or does it need repealing , the only way forward is to get a unjust and biased unenforceable law struck down.

I asked you this already desertbred, maybe I just cant find it or im reading it wrong but could you show me where its says in black and white in the hunting act 2004 that its ILLEGAL for a lurcher to catch and dispatch a fox on the run in England or wales?

If I remember rightly the act says it is illegal for any dog to pursue a land mammal unless excempt under certain sections of the Act now a lurcher coursing and killing a fox is not on the list of excemptions I dont think, but the only way to test this is to plead not guilty if some one is unfortunate enough to fall foul of this particular scenario. I think if the fox was assumed to be injured and the lurcher was retrieving it there may well be a defence

Firstly, two things come into play. do you have permission to be where you are, and secondly, Its a ban on hunting with dogs, not dogs hunting. Therefore, if you have permission to be on the land you are on, and especially if you have permission to control vermin. And have no more than 2 dogs loose. With at least one suitable gun in attendance, then of course it is legal. If you can show that the fox was known to be injured, then its legal to let them find and dispatch said mammal.

• Like 1

Just to clarify what I was saying in earlier posts is not that hunters should give up. What I was trying to get across is that if there is a bid by the government to repeal hunting then there is presumably going to be a lot of coverage in the media about hunting, some good and positive but a lot of negative also. Anti's will be trawling Facebook, Twitter and sites such as this for any images/videos that could aid their cause. Pictures of heavily scarred dogs/dead game/or hunting itself would be like hitting the jackpot and would not do hunters any favours once the papers get hold of them. It could end up having the opposite effect where mp's/the public actually try for a more restrictive tighter bill than is in place at the moment, which would be a nightmare. At least at the moment the ban is such a messed up unenforceable law that it's pretty much impossible to police. it is possible things could get a lot worse before they get better.

That said hunting will continue long after this site and everyone here are long dead, as it has for hundreds of thousands of years before.

With the Tories in power hunting has more of a chance than it has for a while, but it is still going to be a messy fight with a lot of casualties and it could go either way.

As others have stated Hunting with dogs is still legal as it stands so all is not lost, and the stakes would be high if this does go to a vote! That's not to say that it's not a risk worth taking, but you have to pick your battles and make sure that you are in the best position possible before making your move. At the moment I'm not 100% convinced that this is the best time.

Posts like that are exactly what I'm talking about when I say anti's will pick up on anything to discredit hunters as skinhead idiots with no respect or care for anyone other than themselves lurcher man. And to be honest no mp is gonna risk their own neck for people making those comments.

• Like 2

There are two options sit idley bye just in case the lacs and antis start getting dirty , they already have for years, you sit and wait where is their next target air rifle banning, fishing should be banned, meat production should be banned the list is endless, as you rightly say hunting goes back to the cradle of civilisation so isnt it a basic human right? No doubt some people abuse hunting and carry out some acts of cruelty , you will never hear a true hunter or stocksman condone or sanction cruelty of any kind. The law in itself as it was legislated is in itself biased and a source of cruelty,dogs taken and mistreated for months in RSPCA kennels. ORDINARY FOLK BRANDED AS THIEVES ,ROGUES GAMBLERS .DRUG DEALERS ,LAYABOUTS BECAUSE THE ENJOY CENTURIES OLD COUNTRY SPORTING ACTIVITIES The lacs and antis in collusion with the RSPCA and wild life officers plot and scheme how to disrupt peoples leisure time and even family lives,under the cover of a discriminatory law that was forced through Parliament by an act specifically formulated during wartime activities, the House of Lords voted down the Hunting with Dogs act yet Blair used a little used parliamentary Act to bypass normal procedures. The law needs to go by repeal and if you want to continue with all sorts of country pass times besides picnics and rambles then be prepared for a slog or sit back and wait.Some must have splinters from sitting on the fence you can accept the crumbs dropping from the lacs table as regards hunting but dont expect everyone to let them piss down their backs and then be told its raining

Edited by desertbred

I agree 100% with what you are saying. BUT and its a big but, as has been said, some of the things posted on Facebook etc are a toal embarrassment and despite being totally against what most decent hunters believe in, they are still 'hunting' and will be labelled as such. And that could be enough to sound the death knell for much more than hunting with hounds.

• Like 1

I agree 100% with what you are saying. BUT and its a big but, as has been said, some of the things posted on Facebook etc are a toal embarrassment and despite being totally against what most decent hunters believe in, they are still 'hunting' and will be labelled as such. And that could be enough to sound the death knell for much more than hunting with hounds.

That death nell is already sounding dont you realise. Face book is what it is , the world is full off crackpots and cruel people, yes we as hunters all get tarred with the same shitty stick. That is all the more reason to get out their and be counted. Buts dont cut it with me I know about being tarred with the same brush being a Muslim I could keep my head down and go on my permission with my dogs and guns and birds but why should I be classed as some low life because the lacs say I am or some idiots on face book post shite

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

What I am trying to get across is yes we could get the ban repealed and be happy and hunters can carry on as they have and live happily ever after, OR the publicity such a campaign would generate could have the opposite effect and things would be a lot, lot worse and if that was to happen then God help everybody who enjoys all fieldsports.

What I am trying to get across is yes we could get the ban repealed and be happy and hunters can carry on as they have and live happily ever after, OR the publicity such a campaign would generate could have the opposite effect and things would be a lot, lot worse and if that was to happen then God help everybody who enjoys all fieldsports.

[

People could have a similar view point , maybe it wouldnt have been to bad under the Germans ? at least we would be alive or Lets not rock the boat in Europe lets just be happy we dont need a visa to go to Benidorm. I would sooner have the whole sheep not just its feet . I could very well be wrong I have fought for 3/4 of my life for one thing or another and I personally will pray I go down with my head up not cowering under the kitchen table for some scraps that may be tossed to me. Most lads break the law to hunt nowadays plain and simple so how will a total ban be any different you go to certain areas now with particular types of dogs and you are stopped and badgered for the want of a better word.

Edited by desertbred

Seems to me that running to getting a repeal without thinking of the possible ramifications is exactly that....clambering for scraps thrown from the table the mp's so that they get what they want...ie back in parliament.