Dogs With One Testical.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a fault that will be passed onto his offspring. As said he has probably got 2 but one is retained. The one that doesn't drop can cause problems down the line if not removed.

I've got a mate that won't go to the pub tonight that's got two retained bollocks .   He's wife's got them in a jar I think ?

I owned a "REMLAP" plummer dog that was mon-orchid, he sired a few litters and all male progeny had 2 decended testicles, he did however as predicted by a few on here and else where die at 11 yrs due

i whuld if it was worth breeding off i whuldent keep a pup from the litter what only had 1 ball

Could take ages for 2 balls to drop. If I had done that I would never have the best dog I've ever had or every likely to have.

Was told that the undescended ball is likely to get cancerous and best removed

I was told that by two vets too, bet they would love my operation and meds' money. Finally spoke to a proper vet who told me that if its stuck there 'could' be a problem with cancer but unlikely till he was around 10. He's 10 nearly now so if he does get cancer he's had a cracking 10 years.

Undescended testicles are an inherited problem. Testicles are retained OUTSIDE of the body because they need to maintain a lower temperature. When left inside, the retained one often goes cancerous as time passes. They never have one or none, they always have two, but sometimes one or both are retained. If not naturally descended by 16mths, I would have the retained one at least removed. Being inherited, it would be very irresponsible to breed from the dog, it will be passed on.

Many years back 2 males in the same litter (inbred motherXson) where born with one ball descended...one went on to sire a couple of litters...and didnt pass on the trait...if the dog has proved itself worth breeding....and thats what you want...do it...as long as your willing to clear up your own crap behind yourself