Choc Coloured Wheeler "type"

The originators of the Jagd Terrier would be having Kittens and send you to Aushwitz if they knew they were being crossed and if there were any colours other than black and Tan.......lol. The Men were part of the Hitler team of Geneticists...................and as we all know culling of non Aryan individuals wasn't an issue....lmao.

Is that true?

Yes it is, as far as the guys who took on the Jagd project, one of Hitlers Teams visions. Another Team were also trying to create a wilderness for wild and some extinct Animals to be brought back to hunt.

Channel 4 did a documetry about it. Hitlers hunting experiment it was a good watch.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A coward will always be a cowardl, it's not something you can train out of them. You might get a result if you keep them winning working them in small places against the odd cowardly fox but when ques

If the fella likes chocolate dogs let em like chocolate. I like them myself but don't have any. I used to. Thing is though, if you want to cross jags to anything, you're looking at years of pointless

Just don't get too carried away with thinking the Jagd is the result of selecting, breeding, testing, culling, selecting, breeding, testing, culling etc.............IT WAS. These are different times a

Just don't get too carried away with thinking the Jagd is the result of selecting, breeding, testing, culling, selecting, breeding, testing, culling etc.............IT WAS. These are different times and they have gotten into the Hands of Breeders, lets say, less focussed. I may well own a Jagd one day, but I would not be the best person to own one, I want Terriers for digging...............they are prized for their diversity. The Jagds I have seen go are a little too keen and a dig can be made longer by a Terrier who keeps pushing it's prey around. I have been researching for a few years now and still not taken the plunge.

• Like 4

Just don't get too carried away with thinking the Jagd is the result of selecting, breeding, testing, culling, selecting, breeding, testing, culling etc.............IT WAS. These are different times and they have gotten into the Hands of Breeders, lets say, less focussed. I may well own a Jagd one day, but I would not be the best person to own one, I want Terriers for digging...............they are prized for their diversity. The Jagds I have seen go are a little too keen and a dig can be made longer by a Terrier who keeps pushing it's prey around. I have been researching for a few years now and still not taken the plunge.

I see what your saying mate and I'm not going to get one I don't think they would suit me I'm just interested in the start of the breed and the ideal the nazis were trying to achieve I'm not saying I will never have one but I won have one at the minute

Howd you mean by pushing about too much, was the a bit too scatty? Howd it try to settle. Good that you looked into things for your self and the right reasons, Atb

I don't want to go into it too much, it's several Pages worth of writing....lol. However, sometimes it is better for a Terrier to allow things to settle and give a little space and only get to grips when necessary. A full on Terrier, who forces things all the time, can make the prey want to keep running around and not stay in a stop end. Some Terriers do themselves no favours and with use we hope they learn.

• Like 1