Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Saw plenty coursing breds get left like that from a good hare as well so the whippets not alone 

i’ve seen plenty a shite dogs get left like that  aswell mate all breeds all had the same thing in common lol

8 hours ago, mC HULL said:

ploughing on ? it’s been left man lol

8 hours ago, mC HULL said:

ploughing on ? it’s been left man lol

Fawn dog in front grow up lad 😀you never been under rules eh mud lover you crack on with ya boot slippers or wellie slips 😎👌

Edited by green lurchers
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Ya right mate whippets over matched  it’s the ultimate test only a few can rise give me a feather ear be different but so boring 👍

I don’t keep either but if I had to choose I’d rather have a ped whippet over a pure saluki without a doubt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I don’t keep either but if I had to choose I’d rather have a ped whippet over a pure saluki without a doubt

That’s understandable but mud lark will chime in again he’s see fk all run esp whippets he did see a mates mate run his mb whippet once and that’s the conclusion 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

thats just about the stupidist thing i’ve heard said for a while lol ffs 

a pure sal will last a season and take any amount a graft you could give it mate wtf imagine trying to get a season out a whippet lol

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

That’s understandable but mud lark will chime in again he’s see fk all run esp whippets he did see a mates mate run his mb whippet once and that’s the conclusion 

mb killed a 3/4 grown and a 1/4 grown for the win lol exactly what i’d expect a whippet or cross to be killing quick at the start a november mate 

ive seen loads a whippets and grews run mate heaps good for the odd run bunny bashing but they like anthony joshua look good against shite mate 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

thats just about the stupidist thing i’ve heard said for a while lol ffs 

a pure sal will last a season and take any amount a graft you could give it mate wtf imagine trying to get a season out a whippet lol

Just going off what I’ve seen mate, a whippet will miss plenty of stuff but it’ll give 100% and they’re exciting to watch, when they do catch something bigger than a rabbit it’s an achievement because they’re punching above their weight. Pure Salukis are the most boring dog to watch just slowly running things to death, no urgency or drive I think I’d rather stay at home than go out with a saluki. Like I've said I don’t keep either so no sides to take, just saying what I’ve seen 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

mb killed a 3/4 grown and a 1/4 grown for the win lol exactly what i’d expect a whippet or cross to be killing quick at the start a november mate 

ive seen loads a whippets and grews run mate heaps good for the odd run bunny bashing but they like anthony joshua look good against shite mate 

Your getting your "mb's " mixed up mate, I'm sure Greeny means Mike Brown, not Mark Brick. Marks Kat wasn't a whippet, but had Country Music, a whippet/Greyhound way back in its breeding.

Cheers.

• Like 1