Rip Old Ruby.

Guest vin

One or 2 mates might remember that I took in an old knackered battered and abused Lurcher bitch over 8 years ago.

She had been through the mill and was in a bad way..But after a few vet bills and a few teeth removed etc etc she was eventually restored to life and I kept her as a pet,Because she was such a gentle soul.

Anyway to cut a very very long and sad story short we had to have her PTS last weekend as she was in a bad way with a rather large tumor on her spine etc etc.

She had been living with my wife's parents for the last 3 years and they had built there little world around the dog..they haven't been on there regular three times a year Holidays and all the usual trips and excursions because they didn't want to leave the dog alone etc etc..You could say she got the 5 star retirement that all dogs deserve and them some...lol.

They are not short of a bob or 2 and have never scrimped on any of the dogs care..So I couldn't have prayed for a better retirement for my old girl..We and the vet came to the conclusion that she must have been at least 12 years old,So she had a good few extra years considering her past .

My dilema now is that the mother -in-law is distraut and completely lost without the old girl..its like they have lost a child..I know its a bit sentimental to some of you rock hard working dog men... But I become attached to my bloody ferrets ,never mind the dogs...lol.

So my next question to all out there is...

Anyone got a decent,well behaved,gentle natured dog thats maybe a complete failure at working but needs a Dam good home with a 5star family.. Not something thats on its last legs and ready for knackers yard..But also not something thats bouncing off the walls and would kill every cat in a 5 mile radius etc etc..it will Never See a rabbit or anything furry and will only ever be a Pet.

Nothing too big..It could be a puppy or a young dog... The main requirement is a gentle quiet no stress laid back PET.

Here's old Ruby for the few that might remember.

before..

post-11815-0-69694100-1428250299.jpg

after.

post-11815-0-35171300-1428250333.jpg

RIP old LASS.

Don't they want Molly vin.?

I think they would like to have her mate...But she's mine... I cant bring myself to let her go..She's got a good few years ferreting left in her yet.

and she still beats the young guns on many an occasion by her skills and cunning.

I don't think she is ready to retire yet.

Plus I would only end up getting another pup to keep Doris company and that would feel like Ive got rid of my old mate to replace her with something that I don't really need.. . I think she will be here to the last breath matey...lol. . . . . probably my last breath...lol.

sorry for your loss vin when maggie passed away even though she had retired i missed her badly in the field the little lad cried has she use to sleep on his bed he was distraught when he knew she gone and her greeting in the morn to him was licking his face which he use to put his arm round her she loved him to bits she was more his dog than mine i know he still misses her and i often think she wouldnt of missed that when i watched her sibling run but its gets easier vin

• Like 1