Line Or Family

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This turned into what I didn't want it to, mainly because I can't keep my big mouth shut and will bite easy. I'll leave it by saying Nick was and is THE best man I ever saw with a terrier, his terrie

heres my line of dogs.

to me a line of terriers is a term used loosely for say nuttall or gould its a broad church all sorts breed them and for many different reasons some may have very little blood of any kennel , within

how chuldent jack be blamed if he also went blind ? dose the gene need to be carried by both parents to come threw in the pups ?

editied to say tell us the truth dillydog if you no it haha

Edited by Zilverhaze

tight breeding isnt some new way of producing consistant strains. it was practiced all over the country where there was working dogs needed. as there was limited travel so the best of the best was used within the limited local genepool. the crap was culled not to produce quality stock but becouse times where harder and it costs the same to keep a good one as it did a bad one..

i'm happy to go with worker to worker. and have little in the way of future plans. i'm to long in the tooth to start now. as an aside some of the finest workers back in the day where crossbred worker to worker.. this was not as bad as it sounds as most terriers where bred for work for many generations with very little shite in the mix.

• Like 5

No she wasn't, and there wasn't any blindness anywhere else to my knowledge. I can't see how anyone could blame Jack, name me one more branch of the tree that it happened to, with or without Jack blood.

pretty sure gin had bad eyes, not sure if it was an inherited fault or something physical happened to cause it,or i could be totally wrong,but i'm sure someone will put me right.

I'm not putting anyone right on someone else's breeding, if you know me personally then ask me when you see me. There's moreways for a terrier to go blind than glaucoma, I never saw any other terrier in this line have it and I've never had it myself.

The Gin blood was never used again Purley because it was second rate and it didn't work, Nicks words to me and I'd have to say I agree.

I won't post again because it's in danger of becoming another slanging match

Good luck with whatever you breed

• Like 3

Foxbolter what your calling mongolisms , wont can't really happen in working terriers well i hope not the one factor which stops it they are bred for work not walking around the show ring , work sorts out both the physical and mental fitness of a terrier ,any weakness soon shows up and the dog will fail , its work that makes or breaks them in the end

Exactly mate ,if its not fit for purpose it has no purpose .

Foxbolter what your calling mongolisms , wont can't really happen in working terriers well i hope not the one factor which stops it they are bred for work not walking around the show ring , work sorts out both the physical and mental fitness of a terrier ,any weakness soon shows up and the dog will fail , its work that makes or breaks them in the end

Exactly mate ,if its not fit for purpose it has no purpose .

I'm not putting anyone right on someone else's breeding, if you know me personally then ask me when you see me. There's moreways for a terrier to go blind than glaucoma, I never saw any other terrier in this line have it and I've never had it myself.

The Gin blood was never used again Purley because it was second rate and it didn't work, Nicks words to me and I'd have to say I agree.

I won't post again because it's in danger of becoming another slanging match

Good luck with whatever you breed

I did'nt mean to upset anyone with my post but foxdropper asked which dog which is why i mentioned gin.

as for gin blood being second rate i personally would'nt agree.

and i can't think of a stud dog that he went out to that he used more than once.