450 grams is about a pound in weight doesnt seem a lot for a 50lb working dog.Meat you would expect to give at least a pound in weight thats without a mixer,and that would be one feed there should be a little morning feed also.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

If your the normal dog owner who walks their mutt around the estate for 10 mins once or twice a day so it can do a shit on someone else's lawn or the kids park / playiny field then it's probably the right amount

If your out for hours a time conditioning and working yer dog then prob needs a bit more. I just use a mug for my lab n spaniel

each get 1-2 scoops of feed twice a day, if it's been a tough or long day might get more. looking at it it don't look alot but there in condition so it's doing the job

• Like 3

As said above!! but I'd just like to add that it's pretty hard to keep a dog in hard work muscled up on dry bag food. If you can't find a source of meat and bones then at least try and find a butcher that'll give you leftover fat and scrap trims. When you're giving lots of roadwork or lamping, a small handfull of fat added to the food will help stop the dog getting skinny and "hat racky". :thumbs:

• Like 1

My bitch is 50lbs and has a 1lb of meat a day and looks pretty good on it ... I weigh out each of my dogs meals but I do adjust according to body condition and work load ... I feed raw meat .....post-240-0-14280700-1427559722_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Think u should be able to judge a dogs weight be ya eye , if u running them hard then feed them right ( plenty protein ) raw meat bit biscuit , (gain 28) pasta , veg , wormed regularly , that's what I do and dogs are in good condition ?

• Like 1