Liverpool V Man Utd

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I predicted the score right as I did on this post and at the bookies walked away with quid from the bookies

Haha A United Fan You Couldn't Be More Wrong . . FFS Thats The Biggest Insult Ive Had On Here Lol . . Mate Your The Only Person Ive Heard Today State It Wasn't A Red Card & That Includes Carragher

Watched it again last night theres no doubt it was a sending off he said himself he reacted wrongly......if the man says he stamped on him he stamped on him not much to talk about really.

Not sure why he,s apologising to anyone.......certainly not on camera anyway !

Read a good piece on that earlier:

* "The man that Steven is, he has apologised, and we move on," said Brendan Rodgers, by no means alone in giving Gerrard credit for taking "full responsibility" for what his leg did. 'Man does good job' deserves applause but 'man says sorry for being a d***' really shouldn't.

We have a bizarre obsession in this country for 'fronting up'. Whether you have stamped on somebody's leg, cheated on your wife or mowed down a pedestrian, you get brownie points for saying 'yes, that was me, I did it'. We know you did it, Stevie. You don't have to take 'full responsibility' for us to know what you were fully responsible. Oh and we seem to have missed the apology to the man you actually, you know, stamped on.

I love threads like this as you can tell how much people have actually played...

Simple fact is Gerard hit mata with that tackle as if to say "yeah I'm on now, I'm here"

Herrera , to try and get back at Gerard came flying in , one leg off the back and Gerard gave him a little Nick,

To say, "you want to play like that, I can as well, "

Herreras reaction though is classic of the type of player he is, cultured ball players who think they can mix it, pointing and looking for action. He was lucky to stay on with a challenge like that.

Gerrard didn't injure anyone, he didn't have a rush of blood or was fired up. It's simple midfield play to come on and break a rhythm like what United had in the first half, it wasn't a red, although the challenge on mata did not help with the decision, just unfortunate that the United weasel went crying to the ref.. Coward

Not sure why he,s apologising to anyone.......certainly not on camera anyway !

Read a good piece on that earlier:

* "The man that Steven is, he has apologised, and we move on," said Brendan Rodgers, by no means alone in giving Gerrard credit for taking "full responsibility" for what his leg did. 'Man does good job' deserves applause but 'man says sorry for being a d***' really shouldn't.

We have a bizarre obsession in this country for 'fronting up'. Whether you have stamped on somebody's leg, cheated on your wife or mowed down a pedestrian, you get brownie points for saying 'yes, that was me, I did it'. We know you did it, Stevie. You don't have to take 'full responsibility' for us to know what you were fully responsible. Oh and we seem to have missed the apology to the man you actually, you know, stamped on.

If he felt like he let his side down apologise to them in the dressing room.....if he felt like he let Liverpool fans down apologise to them in next weeks program...............but this ridiculousness of public apologies in order to be " a good example " :blink: .........i suppose its the pressure players are under from advisors these days but i dont recall Franny Lee making an immediate public apology for trying to punch the head off Norman Hunter years ago !!.....But i guess players were just judged as footballers back then and didnt have to conform to monk like behaviour in order for mine and your children to grow up good citizens !!

• Like 1

I love threads like this as you can tell how much people have actually played...

Simple fact is Gerard hit mata with that tackle as if to say "yeah I'm on now, I'm here"

Herrera , to try and get back at Gerard came flying in , one leg off the back and Gerard gave him a little Nick,

To say, "you want to play like that, I can as well, "

Herreras reaction though is classic of the type of player he is, cultured ball players who think they can mix it, pointing and looking for action. He was lucky to stay on with a challenge like that.

Gerrard didn't injure anyone, he didn't have a rush of blood or was fired up. It's simple midfield play to come on and break a rhythm like what United had in the first half, it wasn't a red, although the challenge on mata did not help with the decision, just unfortunate that the United weasel went crying to the ref.. Coward

You dont think the stamp was a sending off then mate ?......I agree he was brought on to do exactly as you said.......but you cant stamp down on a player like that in todays game mate,he had to go.

• Like 1

Just shows that when you have been watching players like lampard, Gerard, terry, batty, Keane, shearer, viera, bowyer, Harte, irwin, vidic, all your life you get accustomed to the fact that swollen ankles are part of the pro game and are a given in any league around the uk

Pity that the spice boy midfielders so beloved by the European teams , hazard, fabregas xavi etc. and Herrera mata likely coutinho need the protection the game gives them to play. Fair enough they are fantastic on the ball and sublime when in possession but when your needing a fight , and nowhere on a football pitch is this more needed than in midfield, you can't be reliant on them to dig in.

Look at the way Chelsea squeezed the barca midfield when they beat them in the semis, or how psg fought Chelsea last week, some people hate scrappy games, but it takes a lot of guts and fitness to fight a scrappy game. Sometimes having a wizard left foot isn't enough.

Well off topic and something I have said before but look at Keane in the semi vs juventus. ArguBly the greatest midfield performance by any player I have seen, Gerard was just unlucky to have been on the refs radar

I played and referre now and I wouldn't have sent him off.

He left a foot in as the challenge came, it wasn't a post challenge reaction mate, if he had turned and stamped yes, but he didn't, he merely stayed strong,

In chapter and verse, he should have gone, but a word in his shell like and a yellow would have sufficed.

Herraras reaction as he gets booked was also inductive, as if Gerard walked, so should he as he was not in control of the challenge, something that has not been widely stated.

Incidents like that happen week in week out on the fields, you have no one left on to play if the rules were rigidly enforced.

You can say that why should the ref let him off as it's unfair to allow parity for an offence, well when you go down that straight line, Herrera walks as well.

There's A Massive Difference Between A Crunching Tackle & A Stamp . . And As For Coward Id Say Gerrard's Actions Where More Cowardly Than Hierras Response To The Stamp . . Skirtel Was At It As Well At The End On De Gea !!

Dont referees have strict guidelines they have to adhere to or risk being marked down though ?.......Stamping down on a player is a sending off offence and Gerrard stamped down on a player.......what would you say it is that he,s apologising to his team mates and fans for ?

Im not sure if your aware mate but he didnt get sent off for the tackle on Mata he got sent off for stamping down on the 21 whoever that was......im not questioning your expertise mate just im not sure many people would argue it was a straight red in todays game.

• Like 1

Never a straight red card the problem was the mata challenge before hand it was still in the ref's head Gerrard was up for it and the ref knew it YES he done wrong but he should have never apologized

• Like 1