Liverpool V Man Utd

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I predicted the score right as I did on this post and at the bookies walked away with quid from the bookies

Haha A United Fan You Couldn't Be More Wrong . . FFS Thats The Biggest Insult Ive Had On Here Lol . . Mate Your The Only Person Ive Heard Today State It Wasn't A Red Card & That Includes Carragher

Watched it again last night theres no doubt it was a sending off he said himself he reacted wrongly......if the man says he stamped on him he stamped on him not much to talk about really.

Never a straight red card the problem was the mata challenge before hand it was still in the ref's head Gerrard was up for it and the ref knew it YES he done wrong but he should have never apologized

I agree with the second part but not the first.......id like to see fast paced tough midfield battles the same as the next Englishman.......but its not on Fifas list of priorities im afraid so with that in mind i cant see how stamping down on a players leg is not a sending off.

I'll try and explain it a bit better mate.....

I've purposefully not mentioned the word stamp as I don't class that as a stamp. It was a walk over, a little nig atthe challenge, the contact comes DURING the tackle, not after it which I think is key to the wrong decision

I've had a squint at you tube and at risk at going off topic, this stuck in my mind here goes.....

Watch the tackle at about 1.10 in resulting in a celtic corner, as the celtic winger petta and the Rangers full back ricksen strain after the ball, ricksen comes across petta in a challenge thAt is much more controlled than herreras today. Petta makes as if he is attempting to hurdle over it but it's a bluff, he cracks ricksens head with his knee on purpose as if to state.

Come in like that today and you'll get this every time you do.

That is exactly what Gerard did today,

Gnash mate, I'm aware of the straight red for it mate, but that's baffling. It's clearly the first challenge that's done the damage as its fresh in the refs mind. I have to be honest, I'm baffled by it, it's a yellow at best.

Put another way, think when John terry goes up for a header with say ibrahimovic, terry will give him a knee crack into a hip or a back to disturb it, on the next one zlatan might land on Terry's foot, it's a part of football and I find it a difficult thing to explain, it's wrong in the rules, but it's accepted, like a throw in taker gaining three or four yards on a run up.

Lanesra mate, I find a united fan whinging about niggle play hard to stomach mucker, considering you're roster of players who led this school for years . Robson, pallister, Bruce, hughes Keano, scholes butt, Gary Neville, becks, vidic even cantona were masters at leaving the foot in

Edited by THE STIFFMEISTER

I've purposefully not mentioned the word stamp as I don't class that as a stamp. It was a walk over, a little nig atthe challenge, the contact comes DURING the tackle, not after it which I think is key to the wrong decision

I've had a squint at you tube and at risk at going off topic, this stuck in my mind here goes.....

Watch the tackle at about 1.10 in resulting in a celtic corner, as the celtic winger petta and the Rangers full back ricksen strain after the ball, ricksen comes across petta in a challenge thAt is much more controlled than herreras today. Petta makes as if he is attempting to hurdle over it but it's a bluff, he cracks ricksens head with his knee on purpose as if to state.

Gnash mate, I'm aware of the straight red for it mate, but that's baffling. It's clearly the first challenge that's done the damage as its fresh in the refs mind. I have to be honest, I'm baffled by it, it's a yellow at best.

Put another way, think when John terry goes up for a header with say ibrahimovic, terry will give him a knee crack into a hip or a back to disturb it, on the next one zlatan might land on Terry's foot, it's a part of football and I find it a difficult thing to explain, it's wrong in the rules, but it's accepted, like a throw in taker gaining three or four yards on a run up.

Lanesra mate, I find a united fan whinging about niggle play hard to stomach mucker, considering you're roster of players who led this school for years . Robson, pallister, Bruce, hughes Keano, scholes butt, Gary Neville, becks, vidic even cantona were masters at leaving the foot in

Haha A United Fan You Couldn't Be More Wrong . . FFS Thats The Biggest Insult Ive Had On Here Lol . . Mate Your The Only Person Ive Heard Today State It Wasn't A Red Card & That Includes Carragher A Die Hard Liverpool Man . . I'm Just Giving My Opinion On What I Seen Mate !!
  • Like 3

I appreciate you taking the time to explain how you see it.......i try to never make the mistake of thinking i know better than folk who have experience of something that i dont and ive never played or refereed so for that alone i tread carefully......and respectfully.......in saying that i get exactly what you are saying about " momentum " and using it to leave something on an opponent....i get that.......but the reason i call Gerrards stamp a stamp is because i just cant see how it could be called anything else it wasnt his momentum and regardless of the first tackle i would imagine the official reason Gerrard was sent off would be retaliation......im not saying im right and i say again as much football as i watch ihavent played the game at any sort of level thats worth mentioning.........so i think i,ll keep in mind what your saying and have another butchers on Match of the Day tonight :D

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Lol at bud..you must have seen it differently as he walks, not stamps , very different

,I'll sign off now with this....

Keane double taps Southgate on the deck but it's only the second one that gets him off,

The first one would be a booking as its walking the second is completely malicious and would likely lead to an extended ban

But.....look at the reaction of the normally placid irwin, uniteds no 3 for younger viewers

He is clearly raging at southgates challenge. Which shows the contempt footballers have for wild challenges, stamps are forgotten in minutes, or days at worst, broken legs end careers.

Ask yourself tonight would you be happy with the challenge from AH?

He should have walked also

Haha A United Fan You Couldn't Be More Wrong . . FFS Thats The Biggest Insult Ive Had On Here Lol . . Mate Your The Only Person Ive Heard Today State It Wasn't A Red Card & That Includes Carragher A Die Hard Liverpool Man . . I'm Just Giving My Opinion On What I Seen Mate !!

Stiff a little clue for you mate ;) ,read lanesra backwards :laugh::laugh: ..

• Like 2