Gansbaai Great White Shark Trips?

Anyone ever done a great white shark cage dive in gansbaai?Theres a few firms offering breaching trips in june-july-august for around £115 quid including pick-up and drop-off in cape town,meals and the diving itself,breaching is where the shark rockets out of the water to hit a sea lion with force,just wondered if anyones done a similar trip?

No but i did pull a Wellington boot out of Regents Park Lake once !...............Id love to have the arsehole for something like that but i dont know what id be more worried about the shark or just being under water :icon_redface: ......bought my son a fancy camera a few years back to go to the Bahamas doing all that i think it was just Hammerheads and Tiger sharks though not Great Whites.......pictures turned out shit but he had a blinding time he,s been on about going to some island near Australia to do the great whites......meanwhile the mrs booked me scuba diving lessons but i bottled it :D

Good luck to you mate its certainly living !

• Like 2

The australian dive might be port lincoln?Do your PADI you will enjoy it,the sharks are nowt mate we will be in a cage the firm has had a perfect safety record for 14 years,just ticking a few things off the old bucket list this year as we all know our birth day but none of us know our death day,the sands of time constantly trickle through the hour glass :laugh:

• Like 2

The australian dive might be port lincoln?Do your PADI you will enjoy it,the sharks are nowt mate we will be in a cage the firm has had a perfect safety record for 14 years,just ticking a few things off the old bucket list this year as we all know our birth day but none of us know our death day,the sands of time constantly trickle through the hour glass :laugh:

I managed a little course they called " Try Dive " or something like that a few years ago but it was just getting to understand the equipment and taking a few breaths under water in a nice heated indoor pool :D .......my arse dropped out when they started on about an open water license !!

Yep i admire folk who make the most of life fair play to you :thumbs:

• Like 1

Only went diving once, years ago in Port Erin Isle of Man, I was working there at the time and was taken by a work mate, never dived before, went in alone with all the gear plus the bottle on the back, did okay, then saw a grey shape, I near shit myself, couldn't get out quick enough, my workmate was killing himself, it was a Seal, I refused to get back in.

• Like 1

Anyone ever done a great white shark cage dive in gansbaai?Theres a few firms offering breaching trips in june-july-august for around £115 quid including pick-up and drop-off in cape town,meals and the diving itself,breaching is where the shark rockets out of the water to hit a sea lion with force,just wondered if anyones done a similar trip?

i went out from simonstown some years ago to seal island in a boat that was plenty near enough for me :thumbs:

Done a fair bit diving in both Scotland and Egypt. Fantastic hobby and well worth having a go, I love it.

When that German woman got killed by a shark in Egypt I was there, desperate to get in the water, but no one would take a boat out. The Govt officials even jumped on our boat as we were pulling out the harbour and forced us back in.