So I've been thinking about what I can do for my girlfriends springer spaniels tail. every time she leaves the house for a walk/mooch with my pack she shreds her tail she has a full tail as they bred her them self and she's not a worker but I'm learning her the ways slowly if she'll drop sticks for 5 mins. But anyway she gets in a right mess blood from head to toe and as she lives in the house she will spray blood up the Walls with a slight knock on the tail. I can see that it's causing her some amount of pain as she's alway at it and won't let you near it.

Is there a solution to the problem? Will a vet amputate the tail? And if so how much does it cost? Cheers for the advice in advance.

Cost me 200 to get the end of my old lurchers tail off, the vet wanted to take it right back like a rotty dock but I talked them out of it. The post op hassle I had though it would have been better shorter.

I've the same problem. 17 months old and a tail like a mainsail. Cracking looking but for this. I also have lambs rings in the garage but just don't know. Wonder if we have a tame vet out there who would give proper advice? Jok.