Hiding Dead Rabbits?

I use a Shakespear Oddysey game bag, the main compartment is lined by a waterproof inner held in place by 4 heavy duty press studs, so can be removed for cleaning. Have had 7 rabbits in it and there was room for possibly 1 or 2 more.

Hunters vermin has a youtube review (starts about 3 mins in), which is why I bought it. All depends on how many rabbits/birds you normally bag as to whether it would be suitable.

https://youtu.be/Zq7dSv0sMkI

Edited to add... Just been looking to find a link to one and can't find one anywhere (only the small game bags), so I assume they don't make them anymore, but only had this one 2 years. Shooting mate was impressed enough to buy one himself when he saw it.

Been discontinued, but I managed to get one before they all ran out.

Good game bag :thumbs:

Well done on that :thumbs: Fortunately I don't get many rabbits so mine should last a while yet :laugh: Wonder why they stopped making them.

Yes mate the 25l one mine rinses its like fflexible rubber lined it stops water from getting into the bag. I tip a couple of jugs of soapy water in it after a night out little scrub with an old cloth then hang on Washing line to dry an its fine next day an doesn't smell or anything mate

• Like 1

]Ive been using a camelback patrol pack, not great as it has a zip and no top flap so there isn't much room for stuffing a few more in when its at full capacity. but on the plus side it has a rifle holster running down the side so i can take the .223 incase i see the odd fox when I'm rabbiting. if i was you i'd get a top flap rucksack like the ones that where issued in the marines about 3 years ago and get a canoe bag, canoe bags are cheep as chips, come in a variety of sizes to suit your pack and are fully waterproof with 2 buckles at the top. This way you never have to clean the rucksack just the canoe bag. :thumbs:

post-36631-0-75246800-1426351425.jpgpost-36631-0-86802000-1426351433.jpg

Edited by Rifleman88

Might sound bit odd, even wimpy but when carrying several rabbits in a bag, do you have problems with fleas? May just be my part of GB, but most rabbits I shoot seem to host significant amounts of the wretched blighters. Any tried and tested ideas for not inadvertently becoming their next victim? I hate fleas almost as much as I detest ticks.

Horrible critters.

Yup, the same problem here. To go around the issue, I put rabbits into white bin bags and then I have strap on shoulder bag. It is camo and waterproof, so no blood would go out even if bin bag breaks. Edited by MarcFloyd
  • Like 1