Pet Collie Leading The Way

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like others have said the collie x is very much like marmite,I like having one around..ugly fecking thing it is but hand on heart it would run through fire to catch,no stalking EVER,ferreting,lamping,

http://youtu.be/2PhUlGilOy4       my old mans pet collie showing my pack how its done  

Bushing rabbits with a bobbery pack is the Sport of Kings,...I fecking love it....   The mouching game, is a stars flight away, from the discipline required on a serious day's ferreting,...   Fac

bird would you have another think I can remember you a while back saying never again? Bunny boiler no trying to burst your bubble

my old mans pet collie showing my pack how its done :icon_redface:

collies are brill rabbiting dogs, got great nose on them, Bryn my 1x collie x grey great at mooching finding stuff and so is my 1x gsd x grey, the herding types deff have natural ability :yes:

bird would you have another think I can remember you a while back saying never again? Bunny boiler no trying to burst your bubble

collies are brill rabbiting dogs, got great nose on them, Bryn my 1x collie x grey great at mooching finding stuff and so is my 1x gsd x grey, the herding types deff have natural ability :yes:

hand on heart no , not a 1x . to be honest a 1/4 collie or gsd is plenty in any lurcher. t he collie does have natural ability for hunting/ mooching , ferreting using it nose like I say, but its a strong gene so 1/4 would plenty to have this trait . for me I don't gel with there temp, and 1/2 you get lot of collie, but that's just me some people love them , but not for me. I have had lurchers good while 30 years now, and if learnt anything I n that time the lurcher x lurcher seems to be the kind of dog that can be near enough good alrounder day+night , and if bit of pit, collie,gsd, saluki, etc In the make up , would do just as good as any 1x above regards marking, using it nose all dogs will if given the chance :yes:

• Like 1

Think I'm missing something now ? Bubble ? I put a video up of my dads pet collie marking a rabbit that my bushing team went straight past ?

I've enjoyed my bushing/mooching/ferreting a lot more since I increased the percentage of pastoral blood in my dogs to 100!

I know they're not as fast but they often have the knack of being in the right spot at the right time and I personally find working with them a lot more fun.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed my bushing/mooching/ferreting a lot more since I increased the percentage of pastoral blood in my dogs to 100!

I know they're not as fast but they often have the knack of being in the right spot at the right time and I personally find working with them a lot more fun.

do you find them more obedient than other types youve had?

ive had and been out with a few highly driven dogs and theyre a pain in the arse a lot of the time,i enjoy going out with my curret slow,stupid busher more tha any of them because she does exactly as shes told no matter what,never argues over a catch or huts too far etc

Bushing rabbits with a bobbery pack is the Sport of Kings,...I fecking love it.... :yes:

The mouching game, is a stars flight away, from the discipline required on a serious day's ferreting,...

Facts are, it is a relief to chill out and let the dogs do their thing....

Great sport... :victory:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 6