Any Pics Of Bushing Whirriers

I think a small beddy whippet is more suited to ratching /marking than a running dog. There will be a lot of first x beddy whippets that might catch in open regular, my bitch catches the odd ones in the open but generally lacks a yard of pace. Good marker and ratcher and will do ok on the lamp in tighter situations. Does a good job for me with loads of drive. As I say just my personal opinion and I know there will be sharper ones than my bitch with a bit more size about them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go Dunc ...    

This bitch is only 1/4 bedlington and works any cover instinctively. Shes around 20" but gets anywhere, only downside is she gets cut often but will work all day. Wouldnt be without this type shes ide

Posted Images

As said neems .there's better dogs out there for the fox job.not saying they carnt as I no they can..

I thought you meant patterdales wouldn't be your first choice for a whirrier.

i've always liked the idea of the x,is why i asked.

i don't think i'd intentionally run a dog on a fox that was potentially only a couple of pounds lighter than it no matter what x.

As said neems .there's better dogs out there for the fox job.not saying they carnt as I no they can..

I thought you meant patterdales wouldn't be your first choice for a whirrier.

i've always liked the idea of the x,is why i asked.

i don't think i'd intentionally run a dog on a fox that was potentially only a couple of pounds lighter than it no matter what x.

I kmow what you're saying about running smaller types on fox (pre ban) but ive put tiny terriers to ground so I expect any lurcher type i keep to have a go.

This is my first busher fairy, so I'm completely new to it and have nothing to compare her with from personal experience. But I can tell you she's very quick - I've seen her run several rabbits across open ground and although she's not fast enough to overhaul them, she pretty much keeps pace with them. In other words if she pushes one out of cover and comes out of the hedge 10 yards behind it, she stays 10 yards behind it all the time. I think her speed means she's quick enough to put a hedgerow-running rabbit under sufficient pressure that it'll leave the safety of the hedge where, hopefully, the lurcher will get a chance to run it....

I have jrtxwhippet, he's been a very good dog for me and done everything asked of him. Works as a lurcher would mainly but will work cover if there isn't a terrier available. Lamps well enough, not the fastest but makes up with heart and agility. Very good ferreting and not a bad moocher and ratter. His only real fault is whinging in the car when he knows we are going hunting, it drives me mental but stops once working, just too keen I guess. I have a new laptop or would put some pictures up, will look them out tomorrow if I get a chance

• Like 1

Cracking little busher Krawnden pics although very good dont fully do her justice. You'll have to check my truck nxt time i leave your place??!! I've got two Beddy xWhippets( 3/4whpt 1/4Beddy) 18 1/4" tts do a fair job at bushing excellent noses & plenty fast enough to catch what they put up but sometimes struggle in tighter spots & do suffer from skin tears.

Apparently not, dogger off here bred him - russell sire over non ped whippet. Who knows what is in a russell though, could easily have a splash of bull in somewhere. Dosen't matter to me, he's nearly 8 now and proved him self to me time and again. I'd like to breed from him if I could find the right bitch but that's easier said than done.

Apparently not, dogger off here bred him - russell sire over non ped whippet. Who knows what is in a russell though, could easily have a splash of bull in somewhere. Dosen't matter to me, he's nearly 8 now and proved him self to me time and again. I'd like to breed from him if I could find the right bitch but that's easier said than done.

would a whip x grew not suit him.