Silken Windhound

I was walking my lurcher through the forest yesterday when I met a couple with about 10 dogs on leads coming towards me.

The dogs looked like very small Saluki types or even small afghan hounds.

As my bitch was bounding around and winding all these dogs up, I got chatting to the owners. They explained that the dogs were Silken Windhounds and that they were an American bread.

Anyone come across these kind of dogs before? I suppose they could be used for coursing Jack Rabbits over there - too small for anything else??

The pic below (if it loads) is from google, just to show you what they look like. post-47069-0-81072000-1424683282.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never heard of them? I've a Pomeranian here I GUARANTEE will of seen more game then anyone of them things lol..gonna breed it with a Whippet ..pups £1500 a piece,taking orders now lads lmao

At the end of the day it's all a chance they two sighthounds crossed or whatever and fact is they getting bred like it or not they working in America to their required standard and they happy with the

Lol. As the immortal bard once said: "Come on lads, let's see ur bull Xs"   And if that theory were true, surely at least a couple of the plays would have turned up on here by now.

Posted Images

There was an article on them bout 2years ago in CMW said they were bred for showring no working strains in their make up

That may be the case but there are some in the US that are decent coursing dogs - the dog on the right here is a silken windhound.

IvyAmadeuscourse8_zps074a31a7.jpg

There was an article on them bout 2years ago in CMW said they were bred for showring no working strains in their make up

That may be the case but there are some in the US that are decent coursing dogs - the dog on the right here is a silken windhound.

IvyAmadeuscourse8_zps074a31a7.jpg

May be ok doubled up but iwouldn't entertain one

Show dogs

Edit change it to I

I wouldn't entertain one

Edited by courseadog
  • Like 1

That would be the one behind the other dog then??!! Lol

Come on, you know that one pic doesn't tell the full story - the blue dog might have done all the work and the other only just got in.

I've never seen one of these run but if they use them on massive desert land to run jackrabbits in the US they can't be all bad. A lot of people on here are writing them off without ever having seen one - small minded mentality IMO.

Don't see why the cross shouldn't work - perhaps the borzois have lost their fire and drive over the years, but a decent whippet should bring that back to the mix.