Plummer Terrier

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

to the guys that get fed up with the plummer threads. fair comment. i get fed up with the same old. old nuttal new nuttal . and the ken gould threads and the middleton pish that has been done to dea

i remember the first time plumber showed up to us , myself ,dave roberts gary middleton & all the usual suspects was at edgeworth terrier show , we was all haveing a drink & a yarn when this g

You don't train a dog for earthwork you breed for it.

Posted Images

Met the man once at scone palace me and my mate had just arrived and were walking bye the beer tent Brian Plummer had a small crowd round him he was holding court he had a large camera hanging from his neck when he looked at my mates lurcher a first cross bedlington greyhound and said "That dog over there" obviously to take a photo of the dog almost demanding a photo my mates reply was feck off that was my one and only experience of the man wasn't impressed.

Maybe its regarding ratting as work that keeps the plummer just a bushing ,ratting creature .Im no stranger to numbers of rats and have seen many types of dogs doing the deed including Plummers .Ratting is good for a dog ,rats in numbers are a test of stamina but shouldnt be confused with terrierwork proper.

• Like 7

Plummers will work most most game put in front of them even fox , let's face facts here , folk on here seem to think foxes are are some sort of lion and iff your terrier doesn't work fox it's no good fkg bollocks av never heard so much shite it's more to do with the persons ego fact

Edited by johnny 777
  • Like 1

Each to there own that's what I say but me personally I get a buzz out of bringing a pup on all the way to the first time it enters it's first live earth and you can hear him/her baying through the sod knowing you have treated the pup well gave it basic obedience training schooled it on rats and other vermin and awakened the strong hunting instinct that's in most terriers that to me tells me I've done a good job with the terrier I have chosen to work which at this particular time is the border terrier. If I had rats in number to hunt I would relish it and would be at them as much as I could but when the fox hunting season is on I'm afraid the rats would be left to breed. This is just the way I work my terriers.

• Like 2
Plummers will work most most game put in front of them even fox , let's face facts here , folk on here seem to think foxes are are some sort of lion and iff your terrier doesn't work fox it's no good fkg bollocks av never heard so much shite it's more to do with ego

If your Plummers stay to fox and see them regular mate then we are on the same page .If however you would like to think they would do a fox in an earth and stay til dug then we have a disagreement .Any terrier will work most game including fox .Its the way some seem to think Plummers are some sort of super ratter that gets me a bit ,that along with not worked to ground regular .I really do not have a problem with what your dogs work only that you are clear in your head about what it dosnt work .Maybe like Plummer himself ,some of your dogs are worth too much money to risk in an underground scurmish.Maybe admin could start a Plummer only section that digging lads wont bother with .

The Plummer we have in our team can't be faulted for what he does. I'd put him in any earth. I compare him to a good Russell. Uses his voice but won't be pushed around.

I'm not a Plummer or Russell fan personaly as I like my black stuff. But that little dog came out the box more then any other dog this season. And has accounted for more foxes then any other terrier we have.

He is a valuable tool. But I would only want one in my kennel personally.

• Like 4

These Plummer threads are getting boring now everyone turns the same way! Maybe if there was a ratting section, instead of putting them in EARTHDOG section, they might have a more positive outcome! As nearly all the Plummer threads are of ratting not EARTHWORK!

ITS CALLED EARTH DOG & TERRIER DISCUSSION ,maybe there should be a section for ' EGO ' ,or maybe you should of called yourself 15 feet down you might get more respect .if you don't like don't post simple...all the same that's me out of here atb keith j.