Been feedin more of this than normal lately n must say the dogs are doin well off it especially the pup so there must be some goodness in it..

Really easy here to get both types of tripe and the dickhead loves it. The only issue is because it is so popular here to eat (like it used to be in Blighty) it's quite expensive, say about £4 a kilo. I add a couple of kilos to around 10Kg of chopped bulls hearts plus raw veggies and this is what he eats every week. plus I supplement with oily fish from the monger. I have found he prefers green tripe not sure why but he does.

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

White van man, you don't know how lucky you are in this day and age. Tripe IMO is the caviar of dog food.

We get it from a halal butcher, €5 a whole tripe..........ssshhh....don't mention it in the general section ;-)

Raw green tripe is an excellant additive to the diet of a working dog...   Locally, it is real hard to source,..most Abattoirs prefer to supply the pet food wholesalers..   I raised many litters o

The stuff I'm using is already minced in 1b bags from the pet shop seems ok opefully it's checked n of good quality but it's hard to tell with mince sometimes ain't it..

If pet shop selling it then should be ok I would imagine...

Hope you're not paying through the roof for it though mate ???

I pay 40p for 1lb bag of fresh minced tripe, might be worth trying to source a good supplier as I would think you'll be paying way more at pet shop...

It's 40p a bag mate but you only get about 300 grams in each bag n a fair old drive to get it, I get other meat from a different place that's good with a decent price but gota drive a fair bit for that aswell..

The stuff I'm using is already minced in 1b bags from the pet shop seems ok opefully it's checked n of good quality but it's hard to tell with mince sometimes ain't it..

If pet shop selling it then should be ok I would imagine...

Hope you're not paying through the roof for it though mate ???

I pay 40p for 1lb bag of fresh minced tripe, might be worth trying to source a good supplier as I would think you'll be paying way more at pet shop...

I get 2lb bags for 75p at my local pet shop.

• Like 1

That's canny cheap Gaz, I've gotta 1/2 drive to get mine, I get minced chicken carcasses and minced red meat etc while I'm there and fill the freezer for the month...

A pet shop local to me sells 300g tripe for about £4 for a frozen packet lol...

That's canny cheap Gaz, I've gotta 1/2 drive to get mine, I get minced chicken carcasses and minced red meat etc while I'm there and fill the freezer for the month...

Robbin c...s May aswell go the supermarket or steak mince from the butchers..

Robbin c...s May aswell go the supermarket or steak mince from the butchers..

I know mate, that's why I go to suppliers in Sunderland, I can fill the freezer with everything I need for £15 and lasts about 4 - 5 weeks if not a little longer :)

Just shows how though how much all the pet shops add on etc for fancier packaging and stuff...

• Like 1

450grms is a 1lb aye get 20 lb in lb packets for £9 or 90 pence a kilo for green tripe think he's made a error lol either that or the pet shops a bit of a rip of lol

Next year we be millionaires lol..

450grms is a 1lb aye get 20 lb in lb packets for £9 or 90 pence a kilo for green tripe think he's made a error lol either that or the pet shops a bit of a rip of lol

Next year we be millionaires lol..

No mistake - that's what they charge for the fancy range stuff in pictures packaging...

I'd be concerned if I was only feeding tripe and heart, while tripe has the correct calcium/phosphorus ratio I'd want to feed a somewhat more varied diet to a growing pup. Knew a man who reared a litter on nothing but ox tongue and heart: 3 yearlings all broke legs and it was found they had next to no calcium in their bodies :icon_eek: