Injurys Hunting Foxes ( Pre Ban )

Was speaking to a mate the other night about hunting foxes, since am new working lurchers and theres now a ban in place these days, ill have to rely on stories etc of old...

He told me of a few injurys his dug picked up over time, also seen a couple pictures. Running one dug at a time, his picked up a sare yin below the eye, could have easily lost an eye that time..

Opinions of the auld hunters on here, ones who have been there and done it..

I know theres a risk in everything, did your dugs ever pick up a sare one, was it worth the risk when it was possible, having experienced the good and bad, if allowed would you do it again??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a fair enough point that is. I'd ban shooting photos like that too ;-) neither kind do field sports any favours at all, move with the times folks ;-)

The pics that go up weather they are legally taken in ireland or shot in uk makes no great odds, all will be used against us to potray us as barbaric hunters who flaunt the law and disrespect the ban,

Putting any photos on the internet of dogs with injuries through taking quarry invites the public to believe that those who hunt somehow relish the blood, gore etc. Now if someone posted a photo of a

Trunks has a good post mate am pretty sure ul find everything u need to know in that topic

:thumbs: old Charlie boy will clamp on anywhere on a dog, face, legs etc. or you if you aint careful lol

i went out with a couple of shall we say over enthusiastic lads many years ago now, f**k me how iv laughed,you couldn't pay for the entertainment value :laugh:

• Like 2

, could have easily lost an eye that time..

Ive seen many cuts and bites near the eyes on a dog, even into the socket, but funny enough, its very rare for a dog to loose an eye from regular fox work in my opinion. Ive only seen one terrier that lost an eye out of many hard working dogs.

Most fox bite wounds are just minor punctures, and if the dog is treated properly and given time to heal, it can get right back at them!

Other than that, the injuries you will see go hand in hand with running a dog, no matter what the quarry species.

• Like 3

, could have easily lost an eye that time..

Ive seen many cuts and bites near the eyes on a dog, even into the socket, but funny enough, its very rare for a dog to loose an eye from regular fox work in my opinion. Ive only seen one terrier that lost an eye out of many hard working dogs.

Most fox bite wounds are just minor punctures, and if the dog is treated properly and given time to heal, it can get right back at them!

Other than that, the injuries you will see go hand in hand with running a dog, no matter what the quarry species.

that the word time to heal :thumbs:

• Like 1

Depends on the dogs taking style. Some dogs get slot of leg bites. Others igx the muzzle. One things for sure they will get cut.its up to you to treat it.once the dog catches I like to be right their just in case the dog needs help.in Ireland of course.

why don't they take the cayote hunting off then fox hunting is legal where trunk is from same as the cayote hunting is where the other lads are from my point is there are folk from all over the world where is fine to hunt said quary and posting on hear so why take it off its a huntting site lads not an arm chair hunting site come on lads get a grip

• Like 2