Fao The Real Night/day Walkers.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but you must have ya trakie bottoms tucked in socks

what's wrong with a good pair of Nikes I see all the real dog men on here wearing them

Haix tibet boots for me. At 40 miles a week they will last forever. That only a 4 day week!

I have a pair of Lundhag Scouts (they're now called Forest) which have already lasted two and a half years of long walks in Hampshire, Dartmoor and Cumbria with little sign of wear. They're a simple shell boot which means no waterproof membrane and rely on a wonderful smelling tin of stuff which comes with them to keep your feet dry. I've worn them through some awful boggy ground with no water getting in. However, the advantage of a shell boot with no liner is that IF they ever do get wet e.g. water over the top when crossing a stream, then they dry much quicker. They're expensive but they're worth it and have been known to last longer than a packet of condoms in a nunnery.

Edited to add, as I forgot to mention it above, that they're a lot lighter than Lowa and Meindl too (not sure how they compare to Altberg though). I had a pair of Meindl Dovre once and, although hard wearing and waterproof, my legs were begging to take them off after a day in them. My Scouts aren't quite as light as my Brasher Supalites but they're much lighter than they look...I think they're a tad over 700g per boot.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

Look at cabelas website.every different type of boot you can imagine.I bought s pair if pinnacle off them.5 yrd back never washed them once.just started leaking.ordered another pair of stand still 1200g insulated boots.lovely.

Looked on Cabela's website but couldn't work out which ones it was that you've just bought. Any chance you could put up a link?

Them lowa gtx look smart,I also been thinking of getting a pair of these jack pyke ones but no sure on the quality of them anyone had a pair? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jack-Pyke-Hunter-Boots-Waterproof-Hunting-Shooting-Stalking-Hiking-Fishing-/160726460753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item256c0b2951

I wouldn't touch Jack Pyke with a stolen cock

Look at cabelas website.every different type of boot you can imagine.I bought s pair if pinnacle off them.5 yrd back never washed them once.just started leaking.ordered another pair of stand still 1200g insulated boots.lovely.

Looked on Cabela's website but couldn't work out which ones it was that you've just bought. Any chance you could put up a link?

Not to good on computer.its the 1200g insulated tan colour boot on offer.a standstill boot for cold.s big of camp built in too.

Not to good on computer.its the 1200g insulated tan colour boot on offer.a standstill boot for cold.s big of camp built in too.

This one? http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/video_popup.jsp?productId=1622619&scene7Id=PreditorExtreme2013

They do have a great selection of boots. I'm very tempted but it's a hell of an outlay if you get the sizing wrong. You said they come tight - d'you reckon you need to order one size bigger than you'd normally wear?

yes i bought a size 8 last time it was a bit tight but i wore thin socks still warm.ordered a size bigger this time so a 9.we get ripped off here for decent boots.

I have a pair of Lowa Combat gtx and they are like trainers. Nice and light. I use them for hillwalking in the Mournes.

I treat them every so often with Lowa stuff and waterproofer. They can be resoled upto twice I think it is. My next pair of Lowa will be the Hunter's.