British Sniper - Is It True?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was over in American playing rugby a few of our lads were in the army and they made a massive fuss out of them over here sad to say it but people hardly turn a head of you say your in the army

Not in the same league as the legendary WW2 Finnish sniper Simo Häyhä.....   http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

I don't think the MoD would/did. My understanding is that it's unofficial. Probably brought about by British troops sick of hearing how the yanks are the best in the world at everything when some of o

fair play to him

yes mod personal sign the offical secrets act as do post men once you signed you have signed it for life, as saidit was probaly our boys having enough of the yanks bigging them selfs up

A fantastic book if you like this type of thing Sniper One by Sgt. Dan Mills. Couldn't put it down great read.

Funny you should mention it, I eyed it up on my bookshelf a couple of days ago and thought I must get round to reading it. Well seeing as I borrowed it from a mate 4 or 5 years ago, oops.

Seriously give it a read, you won't regret it and please let me know what you think

Just took it off the shelf so will read a bit now.

My favourite military book is my first edition signed The Phantom Major.

Just finished Sniper One, what a rea. Highly recommended. It shows serious prprofessionalism of the soldiers over there at the time. A fantastic military read that shows what ther were really up against compared to what the media reported.

They were in some shitty situations but their training and their ability to keep calm under pressure stood them firm.

Thanks for the update yes its an amazing book

I loved the part about the SF guy who just turned up one day and they got hold of a box of his ammunition with different coloured bullet tips and they were letting drive with those. :D

The intense pressure those guys were under nearly running out of food and ammunition was incredible. One of the best books of late.

• Like 1

A fantastic book if you like this type of thing Sniper One by Sgt. Dan Mills. Couldn't put it down great read.

Funny you should mention it, I eyed it up on my bookshelf a couple of days ago and thought I must get round to reading it. Well seeing as I borrowed it from a mate 4 or 5 years ago, oops.

Seriously give it a read, you won't regret it and please let me know what you think

Just finished Sniper One, what a rea. Highly recommended. It shows serious prprofessionalism of the soldiers over there at the time. A fantastic military read that shows what ther were really up against compared to what the media reported.

They were in some shitty situations but their training and their ability to keep calm under pressure stood them firm.

I loved the part about the SF guy who just turned up one day and they got hold of a box of his ammunition with different coloured bullet tips and they were letting drive with those. :D

The intense pressure those guys were under nearly running out of food and ammunition was incredible. One of the best books of late.

Buzz and the Royal Marine, I laughed at that chapter and a few others. Good to see it written from a down to earth perspective. Some sad parts but that's the reality of war I suppose.

I don't know how some people can slag of snipers saying there not real soldiers etc. These ones proved on more than one occasion that they were real In firefights, face d by mortars rpgs etc.

Elite soldiers then back doing ordinary jobs in civvy street. Doesn't feel right.

• Like 1

Buzz and the Royal Marine, I laughed at that chapter and a few others. Good to see it written from a down to earth perspective. Some sad parts but that's the reality of war I suppose.

I don't know how some people can slag of snipers saying there not real soldiers etc. These ones proved on more than one occasion that they were real In firefights, face d by mortars rpgs etc.

Elite soldiers then back doing ordinary jobs in civvy street. Doesn't feel right.

What job would you suggest that they do? There is not much call for a 4 inch grouping at 600m in real life...

• Like 1

My favourite military book is my first edition signed The Phantom Major

What book is that? Or have I read your post wrong?

Book about David Stirling and the SAS by Virginia Cowles signed by David Stirling. Nearly 60 years old.

Still might be bollocks but there is plenty of fairly amazing shit our lads have done that just doesn't get 1% of the publicity it would if a yank had done it.

Yanks have their 2nd Ammendment which means shooting things at that level gets national PR.

As we're not allowed to legally shoot anything besides a spud gun (after an extensive 3 week course in risk assessment and potato awareness) shooting things is only there for blood thirsty psychopaths.

That's why Chris Kyle is an American hero, with a multi million $ movie of his legacy, and most people will have to Google Craig Harrison.

Why doubt the guy? 90 in a day is dooable depending on the situation which none of us know some of they guys shit in their hole for days so who said he had any sleep? A guys went over there and done a good shift for this "shit government" and his country, and this is what he gets doubt after doubt. Someone said about an OBE, Heros don't get OBE's here, you only get them if you can sing or score goals.

Grant, I don't think anybody is calling this alleged Marine a liar. They can't, his name isn't publicly known. We're simply calling into question whether this story is even true. If the chap chose to come forward it would give this claim some serious credibility because as of now it's just an article in the Sun based on anonymous sources..... hardly bullet proof court material is it?

Why doubt the guy? 90 in a day is dooable depending on the situation which none of us know some of they guys shit in their hole for days so who said he had any sleep? A guys went over there and done a good shift for this "shit government" and his country, and this is what he gets doubt after doubt. Someone said about an OBE, Heros don't get OBE's here, you only get them if you can sing or score goals.

Very true 90 in a day is easly done if he is giving cover fire on an asult Taliban......surely if 200 Taliban are storming a town and he is in a high vantage point 90 should be easly for a top marksman