Proven Stuff

just posted this topic lads cause i would like yere opinions on when a dog or bitch has proven itself imo a dog or bitch can be good very good in there first season but imo there far from proven dogs until they have atleast three seasons under them in all types of ground i just think some lads are getting a bit ahead of themselves with these first season dogs thinking they have worldbeaters and this is not a shit stirring or slagging match just give your opinions lads.cheers

• Like 5

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

modesty is well and truely gone in ireland all you here now is my stuff is doing this my stuff is doing that what happened to a man going out hunting for the sport and if you have a good dog other men

just posted this topic lads cause i would like yere opinions on when a dog or bitch has proven itself imo a dog or bitch can be good very good in there first season but imo there far from proven dogs

big frankle looking in door for more food he getting no more after hear that

Posted Images

your dead right shadow 15 look at the likes of nuttalls foxy bitch ran brilliant for 6 seasons she was a real proven bitch, now to be fair to alot of the english men they dont call a dog good lightly it will have to have a few seasons under there belt first, but the irish are a compleatly diffrent storey, now il be honest iv done it in the past myself called dogs good after a season or so but to be honest i think only the test of time is the true test and on all types of land, the best proven dog iv ever had was an old white bitch i had years ago, i reared her myself and ran her up ontill she was nearly 9 year old she was as tough as old boots id give any money to own 1 like her again

• Like 2

Agree they should be ran for few seasons before you even think of breeding them my self personally I ran my bitch for 5 seasons before I put her in pup she was ran both sides of pond her pups are 7 months old today so look forward to starting these pups next season everyone's different its just the way I like to breed after at least 4 seasons atvb waiting on lads picking me up we off to do a bit and have a bit to travel to land

• Like 4

All depends for me with fox dogs i get good numbers with my dog the last two season hes killed more than most in them than some dogs see in there career would you breed of a dog that has rwo season under him say 60 foxes or would you go with a dog maybe 5 years old killed maybe 10 each season ?

• Like 2

All depends for me with fox dogs i get good numbers with my dog the last two season hes killed more than most in them than some dogs see in there career would you breed of a dog that has rwo season under him say 60 foxes or would you go with a dog maybe 5 years old killed maybe 10 each season ?

60 foxes in 2 seasons for me anyway, would you think about 60 is the magic number??

Shadow your 100% right pal! it's great too see young animals doing really well where hares are good but they need a few under their belt, 3 season minimum for me, seen my old Chanel killing hares up until 7yr, had 3 litters at that stage and still showing so called good dogs up lol, those types are rear, too many people breeding from unproven dogs that's why they never get it right....worst man any man can fool about dog is himself.... Best of luck with yer dogs lads

• Like 5

a first season dog has potential second season should see a big improvement third should be more than an accomplished dog and then a good stockman will get as many seasons as possible out of it or if its picked up injuries and going downhill make the decision to retire it or breed it. a first season dog in my own opinion has proved nothing other than potential

• Like 4

Well said desertbred, nothing like young animals running well, it lets you know you didn't breed and rear them for nothing, too many people breed from unproven stuff and that's why there's so much rubbish about, great seeing young animals killing whole way through the season too be fare there's not too many doing it, their twice as good the following season, but that's only when bred from proven stuff, ya can get a freak from rubbish but i think that's where 2nd 3rd 4th seasons and so on flush out the weak.

• Like 3