Alaskan Trip

Lads, meself and the Mrs are thinking about a trip to Alaska! Were only starting to save for it now, so wont be happening this year! Thing is were not keen on the idea of spending our trip in a city, but more so in a small town close to the countryside!

So anyone been there? Is it expensive? Is it difficult get around, and whats the best time of year to go?

Were not one's for getting up all hours of the morning to go on excursions, so we won't need any info on that!:)

• Like 1

Eddie you should look at the fishng/hunting packages ;) lad i work with is going next year, its expensive enough but a once in a lifetime chance. 3 days fishing and the rest trapping and hunting, for the week that is. would love to do it myself. not sure if your mrs would be into that though :laugh:

• Like 2

Eddie you should look at the fishng/hunting packages ;) lad i work with is going next year, its expensive enough but a once in a lifetime chance. 3 days fishing and the rest trapping and hunting, for the week that is. would love to do it myself. not sure if your mrs would be into that though :laugh:

Someone mention Trapping! :0
  • Like 1

Depends where you looking at but main hunting species will be deer, moose, bear (grizzly, black and possibly polar if you want to follow a native), caribou (raindeer), elk, wolf, elk, sheep and goat and possibly Muskox and bison I think. As stated all will be very expensive by uk standards. I would look at a few days fishing for halibut and king salmon, go in summer, but flies can be brutal apparently :)

Eddie you can go on trapping weeks,you accompany a fur trapper,the best of those though are in Canada where you target wolf lynx marten beaver etc.

Alaskan hunts will run you from 4 grand sterling from something simple up to 20 plus for a grizzly,sheep are even more expensive and as a non Alaskan. resident you must employ a local guide

Eddie you can go on trapping weeks,you accompany a fur trapper,the best of those though are in Canada where you target wolf lynx marten beaver etc.

Alaskan hunts will run you from 4 grand sterling from something simple up to 20 plus for a grizzly,sheep are even more expensive and as a non Alaskan. resident you must employ a local guide

Although i love the idea of trapping when i go over, i think herself wouldn't be too happy about it! Lol! Although, if i were offered a free trip by a kind local, then i'd find it hard refuse the offer!

But as you say, maybe its just not as simple as that!

By the way, Canada is also something we'd consider!

Canada is fine in the winter if you like -25 :yes: yeah alaska to be honest is geared towards well-heeled americans and their hunting vacations,lots of the small isolated hunting camps are FIFO (Fly-in fly-out)and that can add an extra whack to your guided hunt price :blink: Canadians are friendly people,make a few contacts theres always going to be someone who will take you out,enjoy your trip :thumbs:

• Like 1