Hares Pairing Up

The shooting fraternity always seem to think they stand head and shoulders above the lowly coursers' ferreters ect

Hares don't breed like rabbits

They not reared in massive numbers in pens

So where is the sense shooting them in there

Hundreds and sometimes thousands ?

Loads get wounded and limp away to die a slow painful death

You also take out the strong and some weak survive to breed on a weaker stock of hare

With coursing the fit and striong for the best part survive and breed on

The weak by feb are culled

If they get caught by coursing they die

If they don't get caught they survive and breed on a strong healthy population

There is no slow death over days

All the above evidence points to the fact re Hares

Coursing is the Best and most ethical way to Control Hares with their overall well being and future as a species at the forefront

Any shooters saying different are looking thru

Double Barrelled tinted glasses.

one problem you have is a significant number think they can just go onto anyone's land to take hare

Also cut fences to run deer through and maybe nick the likes of batteries off gas guns

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends how much time they got and the weather, brush it, or put a hat on...................

We have a season for hare here in NI , 12th august till 31st January. .. but the boys will still run them all year and think theyve got a great mutt cause its catching pregnant hares or leverets..

What's f***ing things up is the idiots dumping them in the ditches..... and this has happened for years, why I began detecting today's competitive coursing, one for the pot does me

The shooting fraternity always seem to think they stand head and shoulders above the lowly coursers' ferreters ect

Hares don't breed like rabbits

They not reared in massive numbers in pens

So where is the sense shooting them in there

Hundreds and sometimes thousands ?

Loads get wounded and limp away to die a slow painful death

You also take out the strong and some weak survive to breed on a weaker stock of hare

With coursing the fit and striong for the best part survive and breed on

The weak by feb are culled

If they get caught by coursing they die

If they don't get caught they survive and breed on a strong healthy population

There is no slow death over days

All the above evidence points to the fact re Hares

Coursing is the Best and most ethical way to Control Hares with their overall well being and future as a species at the forefront

Any shooters saying different are looking thru

Double Barrelled tinted glasses.

one problem you have is a significant number think they can just go onto anyone's land to take hare

Also cut fences to run deer through and maybe nick the likes of batteries off gas guns

so in your eyes if you have a lurcher your a thief

If we start arguing over which has the moral high ground all that happens is further division. It doesn't achieve anything. I'm just thankful that a lot of the youth in field sports today value all of it.

I've got die hard hunting mates that I run the lurcher with that enjoy a bit of shooting and I see a lot of young underkeepers running lurchers and digging. I hope this generation find unity and won't fall into the disgustingly spiteful view of selling their brothers out to save their own skins.

there wasn't much unity when digging got banned

From who?

The shooting fraternity always seem to think they stand head and shoulders above the lowly coursers' ferreters ectHares don't breed like rabbitsThey not reared in massive numbers in pensSo where is the sense shooting them in thereHundreds and sometimes thousands ?Loads get wounded and limp away to die a slow painful deathYou also take out the strong and some weak survive to breed on a weaker stock of hareWith coursing the fit and striong for the best part survive and breed onThe weak by feb are culledIf they get caught by coursing they dieIf they don't get caught they survive and breed on a strong healthy populationThere is no slow death over daysAll the above evidence points to the fact re HaresCoursing is the Best and most ethical way to Control Hares with their overall well being and future as a species at the forefrontAny shooters saying different are looking thruDouble Barrelled tinted glasses.

one problem you have is a significant number think they can just go onto anyone's land to take hareAlso cut fences to run deer through and maybe nick the likes of batteries off gas guns
so in your eyes if you have a lurcher your a thief

I didn't say that I said a significant number gives the sport a bad name

Lol @ BH

Keep your head in the sand re shooting Hares en mass

If you can live with whole sale slaughter in exchange for Pound notes over a Species well being so be it.

Coursing is the Best and most ethical method of Hare control and deep down you know it :)

Hang on a minute, what I think is the preferable method isn't important. You want to ban hare shooting in the hope that it'll get coursing back! I'm not putting either above the other, I want both legal!

I was talking about your great knowledge of 'facts' regarding hare shooting...... like "huge" numbers crawl off wounded and that they get no chance to pair up. LOL I know these claims are bullshit, but you wouldn't because you are too busy hating to find out!

So, back to this game licence...... reckon many shooting men would support you on this knowing what you would do to them?

Edited by Born Hunter

Hate? LOL. I don't want anything banning and I want the whole countryside to love each other! LOL. You're the one hating on shooters with your bans and outburst earlier “f**k ya then like most shooters your up your own arse and can't see common sense”.

I've seen plenty of animals pricked mate, I haven't denied that. But you say "huge" numbers! Shooting hares is not different to shooting anything else, use the right cartridge/choke and keep the range sensible, 40g #4 for instance. The problem comes when people start banging at them on partridge days with partridge loads, on a dedicated hare shoot that SHOULD NOT happen. So "huge" numbers is bollocks.

Likewise about hares not getting to 'pair up'. The dedicated hare shoots take place traditionally in Feb...... the month before the traditional peak of the hare mating season. And well before the finish of the official coursing season, when it was legal. So, what was that about facts?.......

And I know, if it was law it wouldn't matter if shooters supported you, that's obvious. But it's not law, it's just a proposal from yourself. So I'm very specifically questioning your morality on it. How could YOU justify a tax on shooters, simply to support your own sport, when YOU would go and stab them in the back in the same breath.

Max hardcore what do coursing men do with there hare's

under NCC rules all hares taken are offered to the landowner.

the daywalkers left the dead hares on the land or in ditches because they were just having a walk :thumbs: if they carried them away they were taking game :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview