I'm watching the Wilson/Sajwani game right now, and 20/25 dart games in the televised rounds of a "World Championship " are frankly pathetic, and this is from the number one seed. Even the commentators sound embarrassed.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

over the moon for anderson hes a local lad my dad has chucked darts with him a few times hes on form just now i really hope he can keep it up

Another Great Tournament , Anderson's 3 Darts Falling Out Was A First (Sid Waddell Would Of Had Some Fun Describing That) To Beat Taylor You Have To Play At Your Best & Anderson Deserved His Victo

Better to compete and lose than never know if you can win ....i think its a cracking game any one on one mental battle of nerve like that i find fascinating.

It's not slagging,it's fact. Why should I not watch it ? I enjoy watching , but maybe if they didn't call it "world champion", or at least agreed to have a unifying match as the PDC has suggested it would be better.

west ham are normally shite but i still watch them..lol... all the top pdc have been beaten by the bdo players on the floor i can tell you that as a fact... its all down to experiance and maturity..

Your talking about West Ham in a conversation about darts ......yet calling me a clown !!

Max the big difference is the flapping greyhound tracks or conference football dont claim to have " The World Champions " of the sport................whether folk like it or not Sky are the big players now in televised sport bbc stick with the traditional events but sport has moved on and they are being left behind with the second rate tournaments in darts,Match of the Day in football,hardly any boxing.......................................but i bet they still show the boat race :D

The standard of darts in the PDC is streets ahead of the BDO. I won't even watch the BDO final although it'll probably be a decent enough quality game. I'm surprised that the BBC have persevered with darts and wonder how much longer they will continue to show the 'world championships'.

For me it's more than just the quality of darts on show as well, it's the whole package. The last time I tuned in it was that dick Colin Murray & Bobby 'stuck in the 1980's' George. The top player was Martin 'Wolfie, wouldn't get in the PDC top 32' Adams...., wearing more sovereign rings than you'd find in your local Cash Convertors.

Sky & Barry Hearn cottoned on years ago that the whole image of darts had to change, and they've done a pretty decent job of it. Give me the dancing girls & the massive raucous crowds any day over the old 'best of order' and the tacky walk-ons that the BBC allowed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Sky final had bigger viewing figures than the BBC final will get..., and the BBC one is 'free'!!!

Boxing has, what, four governing bodies, each with world champions. These champions regularly fight each other in unifying bouts. Darts has two governing bodies, but the BDO refuse to sanction a unifying match and threatens to ban any of there players who play against PDC players. It would make sense financially for it to happen, but Olly Croft still bears a grudge and a hatred of the breakaway players who went on to form the PDC.

The standard of darts in the PDC is streets ahead of the BDO. I won't even watch the BDO final although it'll probably be a decent enough quality game. I'm surprised that the BBC have persevered with darts and wonder how much longer they will continue to show the 'world championships'.

For me it's more than just the quality of darts on show as well, it's the whole package. The last time I tuned in it was that dick Colin Murray & Bobby 'stuck in the 1980's' George. The top player was Martin 'Wolfie, wouldn't get in the PDC top 32' Adams...., wearing more sovereign rings than you'd find in your local Cash Convertors.

Sky & Barry Hearn cottoned on years ago that the whole image of darts had to change, and they've done a pretty decent job of it. Give me the dancing girls & the massive raucous crowds any day over the old 'best of order' and the tacky walk-ons that the BBC allowed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Sky final had bigger viewing figures than the BBC final will get..., and the BBC one is 'free'!!!

Bang on :thumbs:

gnash why shouldnt the bdo call it world championship?? they were the first and thats where it all started, the way you lot are moaning um wondering why u do watch it...i watch grass roots footy and the odd county darts matches why?? cus i enjoy it...

...and, the single biggest reason that darts on the BBC will never be as popular as darts on SKY....?

No ad breaks!!! Everyone knows that half the crowd are only there for the adverts :yes:

Do do do do dooo, do do do do dooo, do do do do doo... oi oi oi :D

i enjoy watching both to be fair , from the predictibilty of the pdc top boys with the 12/15 dart legs to the drama of the bdo when you just dont know whos gonna hit what can make for a great game , the grandslams a good tourment with the both in it

gnash why shouldnt the bdo call it world championship?? they were the first and thats where it all started, the way you lot are moaning um wondering why u do watch it...

I dont watch it.........the reason it shouldnt be called " world championship " is because its not contested by the worlds best players.....simple.

• Like 1

over the moon for anderson hes a local lad my dad has chucked darts with him a few times hes on form just now i really hope he can keep it up

Supports a cracking football team too.... :thumbs:

• Like 1

no its not simple the pdc is made up of ex bdo players who ran and made a new group so cant see why bdo should change their name... oh and by the way i fully understand why they left, i played under ollie croft i know whats hes like...

Edited by bracken boy