Newcastle V Sunderland

Go to solution Solved by TUFFTY,

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shearer gave away his testimonial money to charity, he has a disabled centre in newcastle that he funded and continues to fund, he sponsors many charities through golf tounaments and public appearance

Good to see Both sets of fans applauded in the 17th minute and absolutely magic to see the Sunderland manager wearing a Newcastle club jacket.   Well done Sunderland and there manager.

Smax without doubt you are the biggest twat on here. Fact

Them names just not in the class of the likes of Milburn...Shearer....Beardsley......the Charltons.......Steve Bruce the list goes on

The Charltons???..have we gone associated now?..how far from Sunderland was Bob Paisley, Pop Robson, Gordon Cowans, Nigel Clough and Joh Wile.

Them names just not in the class of the likes of Milburn...Shearer....Beardsley......the Charltons.......Steve Bruce the list goes on

The Charltons???..have we gone associated now?..how far from Sunderland was Bob Paisley, Pop Robson, Gordon Cowans, Nigel Clough and Joh Wile.

All local for the Mackems

At the end of the day if it was a game of top trumps for Sunderland and Newcastle who do you thing would walk away with the game

All local for the Mackems

At the end of the day if it was a game of top trumps for Sunderland and Newcastle who do you thing would walk away with the game

It's not a game of top trumps though is it, i'm not one for them games cause it seems whoever plays the famous card will win according to the happyclappers..unless of course someone's got the Ace of Spades (English title winners/Ferguson/Clough/Paisley all stated it was more important than European success-presumably they'd know).

I can see Max's point with the Keegan era, even if the crowd averages dont actually transition plumb (Newkys first for mean average 50k is well worth a mention/especially non top flight), it's not actually unique to Max, a lot of long standing football fans are somewhat bemused by that early premier/sky era and the specific clubs who started to shout that they did'nt want to split the gate with the minnows of thier division (f**k u jack-right place right time)...when the likes of dyke starts spouting who is ruining football this little dental is always overlooked...for one reason or another.

Edited by oneredtrim

The North East has two shit "premier teams", and all the excuses in the world about the ref or opposing teams will not change that.....

If you took the best players from Sunderland and Newcastle you still couldn't make a team capable of challenging for anything. Both sides are happy not to get relegated every season and hope they do well in the local Derbys,and that's the truth.

Sp

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2

The North East has two shit "premier teams", and all the excuses in the world about the ref or opposing teams will not change that.....

If you took the best players from Sunderland and Newcastle you still couldn't make a team capable of challenging for anything. Both sides are happy not to get relegated every season and hope they do well in the local Derbys,and that's the truth.

Sp

Newcastle have an owner, and compliant manager, who simply want to run it as a business. The only aim is to stay in the Premier; no Europe, no Cups, no ambition other than to make a profit for the owner. The TV and Premier money is all that counts as well as the free advertising for Ashley's Sports Direct business. Buy players that look like they can be brought on and sold for a profit. Newcastle have the stadium, support and infrastructure to be a top team, but only with an owner who is willing to invest. Max is wrong about the north west being more appealing than the North East for top players. Newcastle have attracted them before, and if the wages are there, and the intent to win trophies, then they will come again !

• Like 1

I agree Brigzy but you need a " figure head" like a Keegan or a Robson again to bring in the top names back to Newcastle,but as I'm a Sunderland fan I hope they don't lol . But what you have said is spot on.

I'm not really a Newcastle fan, although I live in the area and go to a few of the games, I also go to a few of Sunderlands games as well, just depends on which client is supplying the tickets ! LOL ! I enjoy most top class sport, and feel the supporters of Newcastle are getting a raw deal under this owner. It could be worse, of course, the could have owners like Leeds, Rangers, or many others, who thought they could buy their way out of trouble, or Blackburn who thought they could buy success. To get a top manager and top players, you need an owner, these days, with money to burn, and a passion for the game.....Ashley isn't one of these; he's a hard nosed businessman, simply looking for the profit.

Quote from Roy Keanes book

On the Sunderland V Newcastle derby

It didn't dissapoint

It was the best derby I'd ever been involved in

Up there with Celtic and Rangers.

Roy Keane taking the piss.....no where near the old firm...??

the northwest has always been more appealing and has always had alot more success to max some players want success and to be a part of something not everything comes down to money and if yous cant go out a buy the best invest in your youth the northeast should be producing alot more players than it does look at what southamptons home grown talent have come through in the last few years more than you and nufc combined maybe thats the way forward