Newcastle V Sunderland

Go to solution Solved by TUFFTY,

As I Thought Kevin Phillips the only ever Premier League player to Win the European Golden Boot or Shoe as they now call it.

Alan Shearer ffs

You's Geordies will try and claim owt :)

English player you mean Max????

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shearer gave away his testimonial money to charity, he has a disabled centre in newcastle that he funded and continues to fund, he sponsors many charities through golf tounaments and public appearance

Good to see Both sets of fans applauded in the 17th minute and absolutely magic to see the Sunderland manager wearing a Newcastle club jacket.   Well done Sunderland and there manager.

Smax without doubt you are the biggest twat on here. Fact

max they had the crowds before keegan one and only time i have been to st james was in 85 when they were rock bottom of what was the old first division we were in the old 4 division i think they got 33 thousand on around the time there was massive unemployment in the northeast with everything shutting down i think the way you support safc is commendable but you seem to have a unhealthy obsession with nufc i only ever thought about rivals when we were playing them but you seem to mention them has much as safc a judging by sunday i think you have lost forever that intense rivalry you may have once had :yes:

Gnash all you. Said is from 92 onwards

That's the facts

Which iv admitted

Since. 92 and the sky Revoloution the mags have had the better time of it and at a time when the nation can see them due to sky and bigger media coverage ect

But safc are no better no worse nowdays but swings and roundabouts iv a feeling the future is Safc in the NE getting the upper hand

Look at both clubs since there start and safc hold the better cards re things won and records broke

4 in a row. :) being the latest

Biggest win in a derby 9-1

Biggest ever crowd

Most English top flight championships

Cups recent and past

Did shearer ever win a golden boot :)

Super Kevin Phillips did

But us Mackems just divint understand ya nar :)

Wilfs got it somewhere near

The silly fuckers are deluded and above their station.

Fluffy how did u ever get a brain injury no malice intended.

Ask the doc for some meds to curb your temper

It's can't be good for your health .

Even Santa wears the right colours

Merry Christmas All

Even the wankers :)

Im a big football fan Max and i can remember literally hundreds of Newcastle players over the years,i can barely remember a handful of Sunderland players.......as an away fan Newcastles ground is one i look forward to visiting....Sunderlands is a ground i often dont bother with......thats my point mate the neutral has always seen Newcastle as a far bigger far more well known club.....Im not a north east football historian i couldnt really give a shit about either so no i cant remember much before the 90,s.....

I could do what you are doing with my Hammers with regards to Arsenal or Spurs......have they ever had such iconic players as Bobby Moore or Geoff Hurst,of course they havent......have they produced as many top English footballers as us,of course they havent.............but i couldnt try to convince genuine footie fans we are a bigger club than either because genuine footie fans are just not that easily fooled ;)

max shearer leading all time prem goalscorer near the top of england scoring charts you cant compare phillips one good season surely and just think what shearer could of done if injurys hadnt hit him as bad has what they did got to give credit weres credit due max and im sure you wouldnt of minded him at your place

Brigzy the European Golden Boot is awarded to the highest Goalscorer in all the top leagues thru out Europe in a given season of league matches.[/quote

OK, the highest scorer in the Euros is also awarded "the Golden Boot" . The one you are on about, Phillips most certainly isn't the only First Division/premier league player to win it, there have been six winners from this league, most recently, Suarez, and I think the first was Rush.

You keep referring to the Keegan era Max but in the decade before Keegan Newcastle still had the bigger crowds didnt they ?.....i know Newcastles gates were only in the mid 20,s back then but Sunderlands were 13 - 17k i dont see what the relevance is.....ok Newcastles gates went up post Keegan but they were much bigger gates than Sunderland anyway.

As for this Kevin Philips thing id find it embarrassing if my clubs most iconic players came from the opposite end of the country.....most clubs iconic players have an affinity with the area like Newcastle/Shearer or my own West Ham/Bobby Moore.......Liverpool/Gerrard etc etc.....who is the most iconic Sunderland player from Sunderland ?.....im no taking the piss i just genuinely dont know any.

• Like 1

Won't of been the Prem when Rush won it ?

Suarez ain't British never mind English :)

Super Kev first Englishman in Prem to win it

Even the first and only Englishman I think and in a Sunderland Shirt.

Max, you keep, pardon the pun, moving the goalposts! You originally said Phillips was the only PREMIER player to win the golden boot, when I pointed out that he wasn't, you change it to ENGLISH player ! Make your mind up !

You keep referring to the Keegan era Max but in the decade before Keegan Newcastle still had the bigger crowds didnt they ?.....i know Newcastles gates were only in the mid 20,s back then but Sunderlands were 13 - 17k i dont see what the relevance is.....ok Newcastles gates went up post Keegan but they were much bigger gates than Sunderland anyway.

As for this Kevin Philips thing id find it embarrassing if my clubs most iconic players came from the opposite end of the country.....most clubs iconic players have an affinity with the area like Newcastle/Shearer or my own West Ham/Bobby Moore.......Liverpool/Gerrard etc etc.....who is the most iconic Sunderland player from Sunderland ?.....im no taking the piss i just genuinely dont know any.

Sadly Newcastles glory days were well before Keegan OR Sky. The last meaningful trophy they won, the Inter Cities Fairs Cup coming in 69, well before the Keegan era. They had bigger crowds, and far more success pre Keegan. Keegan certainly gave them a boost in interest, but to say they WERNT bigger and better before Keegan is simply, factually wrong. Max has only showed any interest in Sunderland and Newcastle , on here, for the last two seasons, since Sunderlands cup run, so I wouldnt expect him to know the facts pre Keegan.

• Like 1

Probably Michael Grey

Shearer at Safc fook off

And don't under estimate Phillips he banged them in everywhere he went only retireing last year

A cracking little professional

He did something no other Englishman or premier league footballer has ever done.

European Golden Boot Winner . :)

max shearer played less games yet scored more goals and dont forget phillips played alot outside the top flight unlike shearer i still cant see how you think phillips is in the same class and i have watched phillips and imo i have seen better bull saville bright and wright just to name a few some went on to good things some didnt he wasnt has good has you make out max a goal getter yes but seen better and thats a honest view max

Ps' wasn't Shearer one of those responsible for the JawDee nation calling for Robson's head. ?

Shearer was at the end of his career when Liverpool came in with an 8 million pound offer for him,Robson "allegedly" agreed to the offer and this was one of the reasons he was sacked for. Shearers contract also was a burden to Newcastle for bringing new players in ,as his contract stated that he had to have 10% more than the next highest paid player.

• Like 1

Ps' wasn't Shearer one of those responsible for the JawDee nation calling for Robson's head. ?

Shearer was at the end of his career when Liverpool came in with an 8 million pound offer for him,Robson "allegedly" agreed to the offer and this was one of the reasons he was sacked for. Shearers contract also was a burden to Newcastle for bringing new players in ,as his contract stated that he had to have 10% more than the next highest paid player.

That's right, when Duncan Furguson signed, Shearer automatically got a pay rise. I think Ferguson got £40,000 and Shearers pay went up to £44,000. Even his best pals, Lee and Beardsly reckon he was very "shrewd" with money !