Newcastle V Sunderland

Go to solution Solved by TUFFTY,

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shearer gave away his testimonial money to charity, he has a disabled centre in newcastle that he funded and continues to fund, he sponsors many charities through golf tounaments and public appearance

Good to see Both sets of fans applauded in the 17th minute and absolutely magic to see the Sunderland manager wearing a Newcastle club jacket.   Well done Sunderland and there manager.

Smax without doubt you are the biggest twat on here. Fact

I loved Keano as a player, his fire was brilliant.......but I think it's widely accepted that as a manager and pundit, he does talk some old bollocks at times.

It will always be the same with "heart on their sleeve" types because at the time and on that day that's probably what he felt. In the cold light of day he would know that was bollocks ! Lol

It's got very little to do with the team or location any more. Offer a player more wages than the other team, and his agents and advisors will make the decision, not his wife or girlfriend . If a player is on £100,000 a week, do you really think his wife will be shopping in Newcastle, Manchester or Birmingham ? Of course not, she'll be like Rooneys wife and be in New York, Milan, L.A., wherever. Does anyone think Owen would have come to Newcastle if he hadn't been offered £115000 a week ? He would have went to Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool if they had offered him half that ! It was only Newcastle that were daft enough to pay that to an injury prone has been. Look at the players who recently went to QPR, Swansea, etc, they went for the money and nothing else. The days of player loyalty are long gone, and I don't blame them; if I was on fifty grand a year, and the competitors offered me eighty, I'd be off like a shot.

Ok Brigzy your the man

The modern game has nothing to do with demographics or wags at all

Nothing to do with how good the shopping ' resturaunts' nightlife is .

And Safc. ' Nufc wouldn't have to offer much bigger wages than a London or North West Club to have any chance of landing a player who was also offered football at either London or North West.

Try reading and understanding what I said , Max ! I said Owen would have went to one of the "big" teams for half of what Newcastle payed him! If teams like Newcastle, Sunderland, Hull, Swansea, etc want to sign someone in demand, they have to offer far more, usually far more than the player is worth, to sign them. If you think a player is going to let the nightlife and restoraunts in Manchester Sway his decision , then I doubt you have been to Barcalona, Madrid, Milan, or even New York or Melbourne ! I know the average player isn't going to win mastermind, but do you really think he listens to his girlfriend rather than his agent or advisors ?

Much as i like you Max your posts are going from the daft to the completely absurd ......So some of the worlds greatest multi millionaire sportsmen now have their careers dictated by the location of their girlfriends favorite restaurants ??? :laugh: .......You are beginning to sound like some of these poisonous Jocks who get hateful of English football by saying theirs no money in Scottish football......nothing to do with the fact they cant produce a footballer worth a carrot like :whistling:

I asked what iconic players Sunderland have produced and you came up with names i had to Google to find out who they were.....tell me.....do you not agree football clubs represent the area they are from ?.....therefore the players they produce represent the club that represents the area........same applies to any area........look at a club like Southampton at the moment or my own Hammers who have thrown out some of the great English players over many years.....look what these type of clubs have done for English football yet we dont feel we deserve to have great players come to our club we try to produce our own from the area our clubs represent......what makes you think Sunderland should have any top players when they cant produce any ?...Newcastle have at least produced some iconic footballing names.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

As for whatever Roy Keane said..............Paolo Dicanio once said West Ham/Millwall was a more intense rivalry than Lazio/Roma.......and he,s a Lazio fan !..........I wouldnt take that too seriously all players/ex players want to appear loyal to fans he probably said the opposite to Lazio fans :D

Edited by gnasher16

Newcastle v Sunderland games look like a kids birthday party compared to some rivalries in South America, where water cannon, tear gas, etc are deployed, and people actually die ! The recent "derby" went off without a hitch, even though Newcastle lost, in the past this would have led to a few kids hiding behind police and shouting at each other, and who could forget the idiot who punched a horse, hardly anarchy and rioting in the streets !

Totally agree ive been to some of the big rivalries even around Europe....Fenerbache/Galatasary....Lazio/Roma.....Olympiacos/Panathanaikos......they make most of our derby games look silly.......from what i can see the Geordie fans look at it like many fans do and see it just about football and big numbers.....but numbers dont come into it.

The nastiness of West Ham/Millwall means the attendance will be far lower than even a standard league game and thats because your run of the mill football fan knows the history and choose to stay away.....your not going to take the wife and kids thats for sure the family enclosures will be empty !...our rivalry go,s way beyond football ....Max go,s on about 4 wins for Sunderland..... i doubt many West Ham/Millwall fans even remember the scores of games the day is about so much more than football,people come out to represent their communities its about the East End v South London not just West Ham v Millwall....2 communities who have so much in common yet who have been fighting each other over 100 years from the Dockers of the early 1900,s to the most heavily bombed area in Britain during the war years of the 40,s to the gangster rivalries of the 60,s to the football battles of the 70,s/80,s to boxing gym rivalries.......... football is a platform for the rivalry but its much more deep rooted than just football......even today if you are well known in either area your very careful about getting caught out in the wrong area the way the films have portrayed the rivalry in terms of the postcode wars is still how it is today for some people.

Millwall lost 6-1 to Norwich yesterday i wont be having " banter " with any Millwall fans about that simply because i can count the amount of Millwall pals i have on my thumbs its just not a rivalry that involves humour and piss taking like other rivalries these 2 areas are like mirror images of each other with just a river to seperate us we dont want to have " bragging rights " we want the other to suffer agonising pain and misery !.....ive looked closely at rivalries over the years as its a topic i find interesting and had many conversations with folk around the country at England games etc and im yet to hear people describe rivalries with anywhere near the intensity of ours......apart maybe from the Old Firm but then that gets complicated by politics as opposed to pure area rivalry......but going to tournaments with England and speaking with fans round the country the North East derby doesnt really even get a mention.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

As for whatever Roy Keane said..............Paolo Dicanio once said West Ham/Millwall was a more intense rivalry than Lazio/Roma.......and he,s a Lazio fan !..........I wouldnt take that too seriously all players/ex players want to appear loyal to fans he probably said the opposite to Lazio fans :D

Notice he never said Celtic/Rangers......he's no daft.

Sunderland and Newcastle don't produce nearly enough home grown talent but does many clubs nowdays

My point being historically,big name clubs have produced big name players,Newcastle have produced big name players Sunderland never have.

seems like one or two have some to prove on here most of it is quite cringe worthy lol

Well of course theres something to prove rivalries are competetive if they wasnt then theres no issue........personally i think rivalry is healthy and certainly not cringeworthy....but each to their own.

Gnash just read Gold and Sullivan value the Hammers at 400 million

They wanting to sell a 20% share for 80 million.

Yep....dont look at me ive got bills to pay :D

2 old boys of 65 and 78 were always going to have to show their hand at some point they didnt go from snotty nosed kids to multi millionaires by letting their heart rule their heads i dont blame them.

Ashley's just been stopped by the Scottish FA from increasing his stake in Rangers to 29.9%. How stupid is that? If he is going to pay the wages of the players, the coaching staff, the ancillary workers, and keep a respected and historical club afloat, why the hell should they stop him ? I've a vested interest; if he focusus on Rangers, he might just sell Newcastle to a buyer who has the club, rather than profit, at heart ! I live in hope that billionaires may take over football clubs with altruistic thoughts in mind .....

• Like 1

Oh , Max, why don't you concentrate on Sunderland, instead of worrying about other teams ? Your adopted team may be in the relegation zone in the new year ! Nothing new, you can spend a few months telling us who you will beat and what a cup run you will have !

• Like 1