An Uphill Lung Buster..

Andy you must be fit as a butchers dog mate.

A Autumn years Butchers dog

But a Butchers dog all the same.

Your doing real well to put them distances In over that terrain.

Once upon a time I was Max..not so much these days but I keep on keeping on albeit not as quick as I once did lol..if you ain't used to fell walking it can feel real hard work and kind of spoil your enjoyment watching the dogs work as your to busy gasping for air haha..once you get in the routine its grand..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decided yesterday that I'd have a wander up the Fells at first light..we encountered,sleet,hail,sunshine and a 50mph wind accompanied us all day..I had the Saluki x Boots, Don the Collie x & my si

Aye. he's definately broke to them...i bet all he wants to lick their ears.....

No,I just gave him the whistle to stop him in his tracks buddy..hes as broke in with them as he is livestock.

The question is did the dog catch what he was chasing in pic 7 atb

No,I just gave him the whistle to stop him in his tracks buddy..hes as broke in with them as he is livestock.

Aye. he's definately broke to them...i bet all he wants to lick their ears..... :tongue2::D

• Like 4

You ever try keeping up with these lads fuji?Holy.... :icon_redface:

birds019_zpsfcecb630.jpg

Do the jets still fly so low when your on tops pilots give you a wave on way past?

I've been way above the aircraft many times but im that blind id never see a pilot waving lol..and them guys are the ultimate hunters mate, I couldn't live with them..if you ever get chance have a read of the History of the Coniston Foxhounds..all the stories are write ups of their hunts and excerpts from the local papers..amazing feats they got up to and the distances they covered..long before cars etc as the book reverts to hunts starting in 1825..good reading it is..

• Like 3

read a book about it andy in the steps of men or something like that years ago now it was a cracking read and all about the history of the hunt amazing accounts of man and beast and the miles and hunts they covered and you do put some miles in up there and fair play you deserve any success that comes your way

read a book about it andy in the steps of men or something like that years ago now it was a cracking read and all about the history of the hunt amazing accounts of man and beast and the miles and hunts they covered and you do put some miles in up there and fair play you deserve any success that comes your way

That's the book blackmaggie I knew it was summat like that haha...In the Steps of Mighty Men a History of the Coniston Foxhounds...oh I have plenty of barren days as some places I go I know its hit and miss for a run with the pooches, some places I dare not take a lurcher lol..but we do ok in the main when I visit certain other haunts..keeps us well fed and me away from the tv ..that does for me these days.

• Like 2

You ever try keeping up with these lads fuji?Holy.... :icon_redface:

birds019_zpsfcecb630.jpg

Do the jets still fly so low when your on tops pilots give you a wave on way past?

I've been way above the aircraft many times but im that blind id never see a pilot waving lol..and them guys are the ultimate hunters mate, I couldn't live with them..if you ever get chance have a read of the History of the Coniston Foxhounds..all the stories are write ups of their hunts and excerpts from the local papers..amazing feats they got up to and the distances they covered..long before cars etc as the book reverts to hunts starting in 1825..good reading it is..

lol yes machines to walk,by the time your up first there down other side and up the next :icon_eek:

Will have a read of that cheers :thumbs:

• Like 1