Pointer X Greyhounds

A friend of a friend is wanting to put my pointer over his 3/4 greyhound 1/4 saluki. I can can vouch fo my pointer he has seen alot of graft from the grouse moor to taking fox. His stamina, determination and heart are second to none. He dispatches fox better than some bull x I have seen.

Just after some advice of lads that are using pointer crosses and how they find them to work??post-58321-0-91417200-1418894859.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a pointer cross that i have just in his first season, i don't know exactly what mix is in him maybe someone on here might know the lad that had him him came from near durham services, i have

He's had 34 fox. He catches them in cover no problem. You would be surprised mate GWP are verh powerful and aggressive dogs when comes to mixing it up they can hold there own.

Not only do they kill foxes for fun they will retrieve them too.     TC

Posted Images

A mate of mine bred that cross a few years back by putting one of his match dogs over a GWP bitch. That saluki blood keeps em trim and fast. I had enough on at the time and turned down the offer of a pup and later when i found out how well they were doing i regretted i missed my chance.

I've a friend who has one as a pet, little heavy but lots of drive with a natural retrieve, I should think there would be a lot of potential although a gross cross back to greyhound would be more to my tastes.

Edited by sandymere