3/4 Collie 1/4 Greyhound

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well just a wee short story, A past mate of mine in the mid 70s, mated a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie over a first cross collie grey, he wanted me to take a pup off him and I said, you are only breeding rabbit

This is the sire a dog that takes all quarry on all ground ,and with a prey drive that would put any cross to shame. He is at home on big land , woodland, dales or mountains. But his tump card is his

Heavily saturated Collie crosses ain't for many people when it comes to a hunting companion..no they ain't going to impress on the Fens or on them big bunnies in the main but just about ANY other type

Posted Images

Atb with the pups gvc. .should be handy in the right homes

Thanks only time and effort will tell. They are just four month old at the minute, My bitch pup looks like a 20" chocolate and white collie at the moment. Which i'm more than happy with.
  • Like 4

smart bitch u got there gvc.what was in the mother?

I'm hoping fuji would be able to shed some light on that, as the breading i have for her is mainly names rather than breeds.I believe she is a lurcher line heavily saturated with collie blood on both sides. I have just bread a litter of pups from her to an excellent 1/2 cross dog.

Here you go buddy..names are about as good as it comes haha... Some names you will see quite a few times on both sides of the parents to your bitch..The one which says Polly is exactly the same way bred as dam to yours just Polly was her litter sister lol...

PedigreeofDon.jpg

Polly.jpg

• Like 2

smart bitch u got there gvc.what was in the mother?

I'm hoping fuji would be able to shed some light on that, as the breading i have for her is mainly names rather than breeds.I believe she is a lurcher line heavily saturated with collie blood on both sides. I have just bread a litter of pups from her to an excellent 1/2 cross dog.

Here you go buddy..names are about as good as it comes haha... Some names you will see quite a few times on both sides of the parents to your bitch..The one which says Polly is exactly the same way bred as dam to yours just Polly was her litter sister lol...

Thanks for that. If your dog is still around and IF this bitch pup makes the grade, i'd like to put some of that blood back in to the line. good collie blood is hard to find these days. There are a lot of if's in there.

One in that litter very similar to their grand sire GVC as a pup. ..

whiteredpup.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

That pup is a real little trouble maker. He is very rough even at this young age. I tried letting them feed with my big hob ferret from a young age and it ended badly.

I have two offspring out of Torchies Dan, my dog also called Dan, which i bred using Dan to my bitch Gwen, who is 9/16,s collie, 7/16,s greyhound, he is turning out to be a very good both in the day, and on the lamp, had him upto Canna with me this year, whilst working on the Big Rabbit Job, i also have a 7 week old bitch pup out of him to my old friend the late Typp Ratcher bred 3/4 greyhound, a 1/4 collie bred bitch, owned by my mate, these pups are like first crosses on paper, i prefer collie saturated bred dogs, most collie greyhounds being bred today are no more than collie marked greyhounds with poor coats, bad feet, snipey greyhoundy heads, there not for me. regards collie john how is

how is your pup doing john ? mines a big bugger an clever to for his age . i seen the whole litter [bANNED TEXT] you picked yours up an to be honest its the best litter I've seen in a while

a.t.b Adam

Adam, their a cracking litter, credit to Cath, and Terry, for rearing the pups so well, theres definately nothing being bred of this quality lineage out there at the moment, both parents to these pups excel at ferreting and lamping, and the breeding in them is second to none. regards collie john.

Edited by colliejohn
  • Like 1

Lovely pups and well bred too. I had a dog from don x Polly ( Reggie ) same as your bitch gvc just dams were sisters. He was a strong type and good freezer filler sadly no longer with us but got pups off him that are 6 months old now and coming on brilliant. These pups should do all that is asked I think. All the best with them

• Like 4