3/4 Collie 1/4 Greyhound

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well just a wee short story, A past mate of mine in the mid 70s, mated a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie over a first cross collie grey, he wanted me to take a pup off him and I said, you are only breeding rabbit

This is the sire a dog that takes all quarry on all ground ,and with a prey drive that would put any cross to shame. He is at home on big land , woodland, dales or mountains. But his tump card is his

Heavily saturated Collie crosses ain't for many people when it comes to a hunting companion..no they ain't going to impress on the Fens or on them big bunnies in the main but just about ANY other type

Posted Images

:yes: Nice types,. I grew up with similar curs...

Back then,..I never saw a working dog on the farm or in our village that looked anything like a greyhound.. When we moved South, from my native Wales to the Hop Fields of Kent,.. things were so different. School was not on the agenda,...I just ran wild with Romany lads.

They had amazing, lean and mean running dogs,..mine looked kinda poor,...real poor... :laugh:

It was a big shock to me...!

However,..the years have rolled by,. and times have changed...

Almost gone the full circle with lurchers now...

I am content,.. at last... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 8

She's a one man dog..ferrets when she gets chance...lamps the odd night no slip needed. .but excels mooching with a terrier or two. .fur or feather she hunts obsessively...she'll be 2 in the spring ..hoping for many more years watching this girl work atb sesku

• Like 1