Anyone got any suggestions for permanently cold feet.....i check in on an old boy near me and he,s close to crying sometimes......i even sank to the all time low of rubbing the poor old fuckers feet today with my bare hands i cant be doing that too often :bad:

Bought him some of these pad things you put in the microwave but he said they only stay warm for about 2 hours......tried thermal socks,hot water bottles.......i suppose its just his age/bad circulation i just wondered if anyone knows of anything else on the market thats all ?

Edited by gnasher16

Haven`t really got an answer to help the problem. But a word of caution, I know of someone who suffers similarly and they have actually burnt their feet with holding them against varius styles of heaters. She has an underlying health issue though so realises there is a problem there. Get the quack to take a look and see if there is a problem with circulation etc perhaps ?

Hope he gets fixed up , for your sake :D:angel:

He,s been back and forwards to the docs for a while now as he,s not long found out he,s diabetic which obviously dont help the situation but that aside theres nothing actually wrong with him he,s on certain medications and doc has suggested a few home remedy type things for the feet he,s in his 80,s so not looking for a magical cure just something to make things a little easier.

Mick1212 i just had a look at them battery heated socks they look great think we,ll give them a go thankyou mate :thumbs: .............battery heated socks whatever next :D

diabetes effects the feeling in your feet, first the feeling sensations dull then the pain sensation is lost, this can cause all sorts of problems when combined with poor circulation, everything from ulcers to amputations, it really is a big issue and should not be taken lightly, heat is fine but without the feeling of pain then burns are common again these burns can turn really nasty with diabetes

I've got a dog sleeping on my feet right now, keeps them nice and toasty :D

Does sound like the old boy has circulation problems so not sure what to suggest if he's already been Drs.

You're a top lad for caring gnash, something that's sadly lacking in society these days.

• Like 1

The mrs has trouble with the feeling in her feet and she's got one of those electric impulse things Ian Botham advertises on tv, sends small electric shocks into your feet, its supposed to liven your nerves up a bit? And fair play for looking after the old boy mate, i look after an uncle, and the mrs looks after an old boy round the corner since he lost his wife, most don't seem to bother these days, but it don't hurt to help other people if you can.

• Like 1

Might sound daft, but would something like deep heat work to improve circulation? I know muscle rubs etc are designed for muscle recovery but I believe they essentially work by causing mild irritation to the soft tissue and so increased blood flow.

So, back to you rubbing his feet Gnash! LOL

My missus volunteers for age concern so I just asked her and she reckons its pretty common amongst the elderly ... The guidance is for the pensioner to wiggle their toes for a few seconds every couple of minuets to promote circulation ... Keep the feet off the floor and at the same height as their hips using a stool etc to help with blood flow and obviously warm socks insulated slippers etc .... The other thing they advise is to make sure the chest area is kept warm as tests on mountaineers and polar explorers proved that by keeping the chest area warm they were able to carry out tasks much better as warmer blood was reaching their extremities ........

• Like 4