Sign in to follow this  
mooney1

Heat Lamps

Lol not having a sufficient sleeping area ... Have you seen my kennels fella lol .......

No and I'm not doubting them either, but if they are cosy enough and draught free then no heating is needed, a fit healthy dog doesn't need heat , if your sleeping area is too big your just heating a space, make it cosier and it won't need heating

• Like 1

a fit healthy adult dog might not NEED heat, but it just might LIKE a bit of heat........ :yes: my heaters go on when it goes below 5 degrees, they are on a thermostat. dogs come indoors at night.

• Like 2

I can't make it cosier it is the size it is and making it smaller would just waste space ... I agree if your dogs are in a 4x4x4 kennel that's well built and insulated with no drafts and good bedding then you probably don't need external heat but mine are in a big indoor area and they work seven days a week no matter the weather so when they get back they get the best feeding and the best comfort and if that means fitting a heating system then they get a heating system .........

They don't need heat lamps or bedding a dry draft free wooden box does them fine. No heat lamp on the field sat round a warren in the middle of winter is there.

dont need bedding ssh , you try sleep on a wooden floor in your house see how good it feels
  • Like 3

They don't need heat lamps or bedding a dry draft free wooden box does them fine. No heat lamp on the field sat round a warren in the middle of winter is there.

:icon_eek:

dont need bedding ssh , you try sleep on a wooden floor in your house see how good it feels

They don't NEED bedding does them no harm at all, yes beddings a comfort but its not needed it won't kill a dog to sleep on a wooden surface.

My dog is in a 20ft x 12ft garage with an ibc tank as a kennel heat lamp hangs level with top of ibc and is on 24/7 if its a real cold nite I also put a blow heater on a timer through the nite to take the chill off it can get very cold in a stone built garage.

Can you spoil / make a dog soft ? that's out in all weathers ,every hour of the day/night ? I don't think so ....Any thing that can make my dogs life better and recovery quicker I will use ...

• Like 4