Quick Slip

We use what my mates call 'gypsy slips' which are a leather collar with one looped length of leather which goes over youre wrist, and one straight piece that tightens and gives you good control. Used em on all the dogs we run from 20' beddy whippet to 28' deerhoundx and theyre strong enough for the bullxs. Really good bit of kit imo

any pics of that moorside ?

It's basically a leather dog lead without the clip?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Piece of rope works a treat

Been getting my pup used to working without a slip and it's most rewarding and enjoyable.   Taught her the "wait" command as a pup to stop her jumping out of the motor when I open the boot or to sto

my version of the one in the pic

Posted Images

i use whatever's handy, baler twine, blue rope. At the moment I've got some posh ones made from those cheap inch wide rachet straps, just cut a length and tie a loop for your wrist at one end. they're like a knock off version of strong stuffs without the stitching, don't tell him.

No mate its an all in one collar/slip got no pics but the lads have em made. They're really good because they give you good control of the dog and once slipped the collar opens and comes away so no snagging on wire etc

Edited by Moorside

Is it not law that all dogs must have a coller on I work my dog with one on "BUT" not my jackrussel hate to think she got strung up some where when she's bushing

no

i use a small flat leather collar with a piece of strapping (cant think what to call it!) i tighten the loop around my wrist and slip the other under the collar and hold it in my hand. That way when i slip i just let go of the bit in my hand, it slides out from under the collar and the lead stays attached to my wrist.

• Like 1