Best Cross For All Rounder

Who's to say th best stud available ain't there mates dog that was used for free, well used and expensive studs don't guarentee nowt imho

that may well be ,but thats why you ask the question if its the best he could have used, never mentioned it had to be expensive,the best COULD be free but if in doubt go somewhere else

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To get a true all rounder it's not just the breeding that needs to be right you have to have the right permission and game to show a dog enough of everything there's a lot of different parts of lurche

We all started at the wrong end of the learning rainbow snifferboy,the best lessons learnt are from the mistakes we made and make,its then using the errors we make to move on,one of the main reasons I

Lurcher x lurcher from tested parents doing the job you want yours to do

hi sniper just my opinion but you cant have seen many diferent dogs if you think bull is essential all the very best two crows

im not saying bull is essential but imo a bit of bull in a lurcher goes a long way

• Like 2

If you were selling a pup to someone you didnt know from adam would you go into great detail about how often you hunt what you hunt and whos dog you used as stud and exactly what that dog does?? I bloody wouldn't and I certainly wouldn't be giving out my mates names so they could incriminate themselves and me. You cant rock up at someones house and come out with all that when you dont know em......and to be honest ive always found folk who talk too much and talk there dogs up are normally full of shit.

• Like 4

id be expecting buyers to ask questions,about parents,hunting style,food,jabs given,etc etc.shows a interest in pup.as others have said you dont want to incriminate yourself,likewise as a seller id be asking a few questions too.

• Like 1

good luck Kieran j you seem very keen and willing to do your research and i hope you get what you want. as you can tell from this thread and its the same in many similar threads there are many breeds that can and will do the job, if you have a preference for a breed, which i am sure you must, try and find a good worker with that breed in it as first and foremost you have to feel good about the dog. i know you want an 'all rounder' as everybody does but you have to take into consideration what your main quarry will be and the type of land you will be hunting. i like these threads as the old boys start reminiscing about days of old and i like the stories, you lot seem a bit more honest than the old boys here in oz though most of the old farmers here have had dogs that never lost a race or a fight and mated every bitch they come across wether she was on heat or not, and that's before the first beer! you don't want hear them talk about their own self...