Free Range Rabbit Farm

For it to work he`ll have to raise them for virtually nothing. Wholesale he will be lucky to see £1.50 to £2 from big buyers as they will use Chinese farmed if the cannot get them cheap enough.

The market for rabbit is really the local small butcher hanging them in the skin at a fiver each.

• Like 2

i did a rabbit clearance job for a woman a few years ago who was going to set up a rabbit farm, the whole thing was about finding a way to get planning for her daughter to build a house on her land. they just had to produce a business plan which if i recollect right, projected an annual income of something like £13 000 and as the land was already farmland they then just had to put up a few hutches and bobs your uncle. big scam.

He would make more money, if he could get a large mixy free population going over a large area, and letting it out to the airgun lads for a days sport, charge em for a shoot, then a nominal fee for each bunny bagged, I bet there would be plenty of takers, from lads with little or no land :yes: