It's high voltage and low current so will do little or no harm but it feels like a helluva bang and will terrify some dogs.

Almost all farmers here have it and it surrounds every field. Luckily they mostly switch it off in winter when they take their cattle in. Until then it's a total pain in the hole!!!!

If it's only around their bales then just keep away from it. Problem solved. If you need to work the bales with terriers or lurchers just ask the farmer to switch it off while you do (or unhook the wire yourself with insulated pliers not forgetting to do it up again after of course).

• Like 2

Anyone had anything to do with electic fencing?? Local farmers around my area are puting it around they hay bales, what sort or voltage current etc do they run through?

Dairy cows usually have the one strand with 2000 - 3000 volts...if there's cattle in the field probably stronger at 3000 - 4000...there's a fair clatter off it...got roasted of one this morning....

lots of the land round me has got fencing wired up to the the mains,gives the dogs afair wallop when it hits them,take of like scalded cats, ran into one myself out lamping didnt half make the balls tingle so be careful lads.

• Like 1

lots of the land round me has got fencing wired up to the the mains,gives the dogs afair wallop when it hits them,take of like scalded cats, ran into one myself out lamping didnt half make the balls tingle so be careful lads.

Its not mains voltage running through them though its high voltage low amps ... (Voltage doesn't kill its the amps what does , hence why you can touch ht leads on a car that are around 10000v without dying..)

Most fencers are run off a 12v battery nowadays and can be easily switched off if ferreting near one ..

• Like 1

Seems like there run off the main's here ,The lurcher touched one going under it and what a squeal she let out fecked her up for a good while

I swear i wasnt close one leaning to take a shot with the rimmy and i still got zapped certainly made sure i didnt go near the fence the rest of the night and i was looking for stick to drag the shot rabbits from under the fence :laugh:

Edited by The one

I slid in the horse shite on one of my permissions instictivly grabbed the nearest thing to hand which unfortunatly happened to be electric fence. Just glad I shoot on my own.

just gos to show,allways have it on saftey when not shooting.