Hancock Lurchers

I've been trawling websites for months,and the same numbers an areas come up often so there's plenty of people out there who's dogs are not worked,different litters ,terriers an lurchers etc,

I guess with hancock you know what it is a collie x,but if it's true about the price tag ,then no.i wouldn't pay that much.

Plenty of decent bred dogs out there for less.they just won't be a collie x .

Dropped more running for the bus than what hancock charges for a pup.Genuine collie x grehounds at working mans price
£300 aint no working mans price imo
If you cant lay your hands on 300 quid then youve not right owning dogs imo
I agree. £300 is peanuts for a well bred pup.

If someone is struggling to come up with that then it makes you wonder how they would afford jabs, wormers, vet care, good food etc?

I agree to .... But if I was spending £300 on a pup I wouldn't be lining the pockets of a puppy farmer id rather buy out of working parents ...
That's fair enough and your call.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a pup from him

Myself.

Seen a couple id be tempted at myself...my dog was bred out of a hancock bitch and that's the way id try to go again if i was looking for the type he breeds , but who knows in the future I may go there :laugh: There's a couple of hancocks I know of if they get bred ill be fighting to get to the front of the que and I reckon you probably be there to :laugh:

I've got a soft spot for a big Hancock dog way up North. If he went over the right bitch I would be interested in a pup.

:thumbs:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've kept lurchers for close to forty years, none of em directly from Hancock, and most of those were shite too!

As a general comment, rather than one about a specific breeder I can't see a problem with farmers culling stock or those who have spare puppies from a home bred litter culling those excess to requirem

Anthony,.you original question was a wee bit naive,...   You ask to hear the opinions from lads who have owned and used dogs, that came via David Hancock,.but,.only if they have something nice to sa

Posted Images

I've been trawling websites for months,and the same numbers an areas come up often so there's plenty of people out there who's dogs are not worked,different litters ,terriers an lurchers etc,

I guess with hancock you know what it is a collie x,but if it's true about the price tag ,then no.i wouldn't pay that much.

Dropped more running for the bus than what hancock charges for a pup.Genuine collie x grehounds at working mans price
£300 aint no working mans price imo
If you cant lay your hands on 300 quid then youve not right owning dogs imo
:laugh: Laying your hands on £300 is different than lining the pockets of a puppy farmer..
What is your idea of a working mans price?
I think anything up to £200 is a good price for a lurcher :thumbs:
Pair of tight feckers

Their lurchers not hare coursers or pedigree gundogs!
And the difference is?
Not worth £300 . I suppose it's alright for the genteel folk that think it makes them look countrified or trendy.

Its good to have some feedback off a few lads who currently run them or have done in the past so cheers for that,im looking forward to next year when mines in action.

£300 is hardly a lot of money for a dog u could get many seasons out of plus you no your getting a collie cross if that's what you want. You can pay 200-250 on preloved for a lurcher with 8 different breeds in it and could throw any old way.

• Like 1

And the difference is?
Not worth £300 . I suppose it's alright for the genteel folk that think it makes them look countrified or trendy.
just get a job and join the club

And the difference is?
just get a job and join the club
What's that supposed to fecking mean?

seen a litter on pets4homes both parents are hancock bred, they look a cracking litter of pups and both parents are probably worked so if your after a Hancock dog these would be ideal for someone rather than going to him direct, if i was after a new dog i'd defo look at them.

• Like 1

ive just got my self a Hancock lurcher bitch puppy her sire is mr Joans, I know I wont be working her until next season but I am looking forward to training her as you only get out what you put in, I got a hancocks as I wanted a genuine collie cross not a hotch pocth one, she will be used for lamping, ferreting.

ive just got my self a Hancock lurcher bitch puppy her sire is mr Joans, I know I wont be working her until next season but I am looking forward to training her as you only get out what you put in, I got a hancocks as I wanted a genuine collie cross not a hotch pocth one, she will be used for lamping, ferreting.

Good luck with your pup mate. Seen some nice pups out of Mr Jones.
  • Like 2

worker to worker. That cannot happen at the Hancock kennel. It used to be a chicken farm until Edwina Curry shut it down so farmer Hancock turned to farming dogs..Its that simple.

Worker to worker means feck all, apart from the fact that both parents were worked. It doesn't follow that all the pups will, or even be suitable for work. Plenty of working/coursing/racing champions etc in both dogs and horses, bred from parents which have never worked, coursed or raced prove it :yes: