Goodnature Co2 Traps

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quote: 'why would it need approval, there are no springs in it'   Interesting point - I seem to think that the Nooski was on the HTAO and that is not a spring trap as we know it ...   The NZ agend

I could see those traps cammo'ed up in the top of a tree being devastating for squirrels.   TC

http://youtu.be/HMYiL3C60uc

spoke to a friend in new zealand who said that they are prone to the gas leaking and the piston malfunctioning. just his view and reports from other new zealand trappers .

It did say in the article , that they had problems with seals and weather, on initial trials, but have revised the full trap to suit.

As it uses a chemical (gas) to kill, it would need approval under COSHH (or Biocides or PPD) just like the Rentokil Radar unit.

The Nooski was voluntarily submitted for approval under the STAO by the manufacturer.

Maybe a better trap if it was battery powered, no gas to shrink in cold weather, then you could have an automatic flipper to fling your dead into a neat heap to one side :laugh: But all joking aside, with a bit of thought, it could be a winner if poisons stop working, because I don't think the government will rush to licence much stronger poisons in the future.

• 3 weeks later...