Rspca Visit

Hi guysWounded if you could give me any help/advice.Had a visit from the above this afternoon, this is the story.Yesterday my wife was coming back from a walk with the dog. Went into the front garden and took his lead off at which point he charged at a cat at the back of the garden. My wife very quickly called him off, which he did, this cat then had a go at the dog. My wife was trying to shoo the cat away from the garden. It took a few minutes but eventually the cat went and she thought that was that.Today an RSPCA officer arrives with a complaint, apparently the cat now has a bad leg, needed X-rays etc with the vet saying it looks like the cat was kicked! There is no way my wife would have kicked the cat (see would kick the dog though!)There is a witness who agrees she heard my wife telling the dog off and trying to shoo the cat, however she also says she heard someone saying 'I'm going to kill that cat.' Again not something my wife would say.She is now in pieces, worried that she will lose the dogs I'd she is prosecuted but more importantly that she will lose her job because she works with children.Sorry to rumble on, hope someone is able to help.CheersSpring

that's one hell of a vet, if you went to the docs with a bruise on your leg they couldn't tell how you did it. They are just hoping to bullshit you into responding. If they bother you again inform them that you have removed their implied right of access, consulted your solicitor and to permanently jog on.

I had an old boy turn up at my door a few ago, he'd had his cat at the vet as it had been attacked and his reason..... The vet said the only thing capable of catching cats was greyhounds........ I said "change your vet pal as he's talking shite, and anyway their not f***ing greyhounds"

• Like 2

Hi guys

Wounded if you could give me any help/advice.

Had a visit from the above this afternoon, this is the story.

Yesterday my wife was coming back from a walk with the dog. Went into the front garden and took his lead off at which point he charged at a cat at the back of the garden. My wife very quickly called him off, which he did, this cat then had a go at the dog. My wife was trying to shoo the cat away from the garden. It took a few minutes but eventually the cat went and she thought that was that.

Today an RSPCA officer arrives with a complaint, apparently the cat now has a bad leg, needed X-rays etc with the vet saying it looks like the cat was kicked! There is no way my wife would have kicked the cat (see would kick the dog though!)

There is a witness who agrees she heard my wife telling the dog off and trying to shoo the cat, however she also says she heard someone saying 'I'm going to kill that cat.' Again not something my wife would say.

She is now in pieces, worried that she will lose the dogs I'd she is prosecuted but more importantly that she will lose her job because she works with children.

Sorry to rumble on, hope someone is able to help.

Cheers

Spring

the rspca are a charity bud you do not have to talk to them they have no legal powers they can not caution you !! do not let them on your property answer none of there questions they like to twist things if the police come answer there questions not in front of the rspca. the rspca cannot come on to your property with out a warrant stating the rspca even with the police present. you have committed no offence ( unless the dog was deliberately set up on the cat ) remember you dog has been attacked by the cat so make a complaint to the police if they turn up Remember the rspca are extremely anti hunting and will do all they can to upset you if they consider you to be a hunter

• Like 1

Say nothing and sign nothing. Either ring Clive Rees on 07969 378750 or the SHG on 0744 99 89 411. RSPCA aim is successful prosecution. Don't give them the chance.

Clive is shit hot when it comes to dealing with the arspca mate .... tell your Mrs not to worry too much and give Clive a bell

Aye I wouldn't worry at all. They need proof. All they have is someone claiming they heard 'something', and a cat with a 'bruised leg' (which could be bollocks). You could always insist on an independent vet checking the cat over, and then also asking how the alleged damage occurred exactly, because it wasn't by your wife's doing. Do you have CCTV? Ask how they came to the conclusion that it was her that hurt the cat etc etc. You could easily run rings around them I reckon.

I hate stuff like this. It makes people upset and they start stewing over it (as your wife is now), and they can't settle. f***ing RSPCA!!!