Which Gun To Buy

Hi everyone. Been a shotgunner for 15 years on a pheasant shoot in Warwickshire. Moved back to wakefield, yorkshire and want to get into air rifles again. Question is what to get. Have been looking at reviews and have come up with these. All comments welcome.

Daystate regal

bsa r10 mk2

air arms s410/510

if there is anyone in the area wanting a friend to shoot with give us a holla.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had the 410, daystate airwolf, r10 mk 1&2, hw100kt and now on full length hw100. For me the weihrauch wins hands down every time so accurate and reliable. I'm quite happy taking kill shots

Out of them 3 i would say s410.   Add hw100 to your list mate....

I would rather buy a pretty fairly priced hw100 than an overpriced daystate......

aye up

out of those three I would go for the air arms as I have one myself and is very accurate and reliable , but why limit your self to them what about the hw 100 or the bsa ultra both very good , I would steer clear of the regal I believe some lads on this forum have had issues with them.

shergar

Bsa r10 mk2, but I'm biased as I own one lol

I'm with the brains! I have both Mk I and Mk II R10's and they are both cracking guns. I've had an HW100 (hated the side lever) and have an S410 (amazing accuracy but a bit too light for me). Not ha a Daystate but wouldn't mind a Huntsman on looks alone, but for me the R10's are keepers.

I was expecting to see Ultra and HW100 in that list.

I have no experience with HW100, but the Ultra was a really good rifle. I had an Ultra for a while. At the time it was not what I wanted, so sold it. I am slightly regretting that decision, to be fair. But having too much fun to dwell on that.

Personally, I'd decide what I wanted to go for. Is it the fieldcraft skill element? High volume kills? Is it targets? Is it Live Quarry? Ratting? Rabbits? Indoors (e.g. ratting)? Outdoors (e.g. rabbits)? Professional Pest Control? Just a bit of fun? Or what? Then I'd work my gun choice around that.

Had a regal and a r10 ,regal , nice looking but over priced crap and I mean that ,r10 nice gun but found not to be a very pointable gun imo . I have two hw100kts ,.22 ,.177 by far beater guns than the other two , I all so have a ultra m/s .177 regged by xtx air and that will match any top Daystate gun any day and I mean that to :laugh:

• Like 1