Thrashing A Pup Whilst Training

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As soon as you beat,or feel the need to,then its best to get rid and take up another hobby more in keeping with your abilities,head butting steel pillars or chasing fire engines.There is a world of di

Feck me! If you can't outwit a bloody dog without taking your hands to it then sell the bugger and take up golf

It's easy to beat confidence out of a pup but very hard to built confidence back ,especially in saluki type puppies just need loads of patience and black mailing with treats especially in younger pu

What are people's views on smacking a pup while training? I prefer to treat rather than beat, but a few of the old lads I know don't believe in treats and think a good old smack does the trick.... What do you guys think?

i dont hit a dog unless i really have to.

• Like 1

As soon as you beat,or feel the need to,then its best to get rid and take up another hobby more in keeping with your abilities,head butting steel pillars or chasing fire engines.There is a world of difference in needlessly beating your training into a mutt and chastising a more resolute mutt with a firmer hand.

• Like 7

The more you beat the fuuck out of a little puppy the more it learns ;) I've found a great new method called the "Stabtheweecuntintheeyewithapen" technique straight out of the very well respected fuckthedog training school ;)

• Like 2

The more you beat the fuuck out of a little puppy the more it learns ;) I've found a great new method called the "Stabtheweecuntintheeyewithapen" technique straight out of the very well respected fuckthedog training school ;)

Tried it,ruined 3 fountain pens and a re-tractable pencil on a brain dead Collie cur.

I smack a dog if it really steps pass a mark ,.....very rarely infact but beating or proper abuse is not the way ,.......I haven't smacked a lurcher for years , they learn quick and know when im upset and its usually with a terrier I have too be firm ,......but im not lieing ive smacked dogs / whipped them when they step out of line too discipline ,.... my old man use too give me some hidings , probably a better person for it . a dog needs plenty of praise when they do what you want ,....... and I will do as I want too discipline but I know when too stop and when too do it .........my dogs are very biddable,......always in control , I see a lot where the dogs are in control of the owners ..... I class it as being firm when you have too ........you wouldn't tell a hound off after taking a deer or a line of deer would you they would be whipped and put right , some maybe destroyed ,....... what ever it works for me

I learnt my lesson with my saluki whippet I was too hard on him as a youngster and he just wouldn't work and was unhappy but he has taught me a big lesson an he is flying now and a typical happy and confident at time too cocky but I wouldn't have him any other way now,

Atb